Quote: "Trading is a teachable science, not an innate talent."

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bankroll, May 31, 2013.

1. You are pointing a lot of truth.
    Let's not forget that most indies have variables and many just use the default value... value that often changes depending on the charting broker or charting sofware ... and there are tons of indies to chose from as well, one wonders how comes.
    Now I am starting to understand why some people are convinced TA is used as part of a worldwide scam.lol.

#31     May 31, 2013
  2. You're "way out there" and wrong about anything scammy in TA.

Let me say again... PROPER UNDERSTANDING AND USE OF TA IS LIKE FINDING MONEY IN THE STREET!

:D

#32     May 31, 2013
  3. That's absolutely wrong. While TA can help a skilled trader gain contexutual understanding, its far from the cure all you claim.

If you are correct, why CAN"t TA be programed into a money making machine? It's really not a difficult topic.

surf

#33     May 31, 2013
  4. I'm not sure what volume says when it comes to individual issues. However, I've come to believe that volume considerations for the market in general have ZERO value. (Years ago I had custom volume oscillators which correlated well with market behavior... but then mysteriously went wacko. Since, traditional heresy or not, I totally disregard volume!)

#34     May 31, 2013
  5. I am just pointing out why some people can believe TA is part of a scam.
    I have not said I do not use part of it. :) , as I daytrade.

#35     May 31, 2013
  6. Scam what? How is any TA devote being scammed?

#36     May 31, 2013
  7. people always point out that TA books are so many, TA teachers are so many, TA websites are so many... so when results do not come, what do you think people will infere ? that TA was created as part of a scam.

Now, for myself, I value TA as a very useful tool. But then others have different opinion. Now, I am a super-active trader so I like scalping, but do not mind holding positions as well.

#37     May 31, 2013
  8. BSAM

BSAM

"Trading is a teachable science, not an innate talent."

I concur.

#38     May 31, 2013
  9. You do understand, don't you.. that you're only saying "liars prevaricate"...

#39     May 31, 2013
  10. I also day trade... TA the majority of it.

#40     May 31, 2013