Quote Tracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kinggyppo, Nov 14, 2007.

1. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from chewbacca:

IB SHOULD'VE BOUGHT QT AND DUMPED TWS.........BUT SINCE AMERITRADE BOUGHT IT IT'LL PROBABLY GO TO SH*T IN A FEW YEARS......STILL PROBABLY THE BEST FREE PLATFORM OUT THERE.....NINJATRADER MAY PASS IT IN A FEW YEARS THOUGH.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

been using it for years..
    Gerry Medved class act
    john

I agree with both your sentiments. The weasels that run AMTD will no doubt find a way to screw the retail trader in yet another way.

lj

#11     Nov 14, 2007
  2. Is IB TWS that bad? It seems people use the data and execution platform but use something else on the front end, is this correct?
    I don't have IB but they are on my short list. Not trying to change the subject of the thread. Part of this is what you know, nobody wants to learn 800 different software programs. I like the charting in QT they have some interesting indicators.

#12     Nov 14, 2007
  3. Thanks for the tip. Good first post. Can't believe I've been using this for years and never noticed that.

#13     Nov 14, 2007
  4. They have always been extremely prompt in answering technical questions. I love this entry under the FAQ section of the website:

You respond to my email right away even if I sent it in the middle of the night. Do you ever sleep?

NO

#15     Nov 14, 2007
  5. #16     Nov 14, 2007
  6. ???

You're 1st post says you're "sharing tips" about quotetracker. Instead you post something for sale that cost $100. Nice.

???

#17     Nov 14, 2007
  7. GaryN

GaryN

Forex is the new kid on the block. We need some forex data feeds with backfill so we can use all the great functions of QT.

#18     Nov 14, 2007
  8. I never said I was an expert with this software, hence the thread.
    I am not trying to sell anything. As I said it is a link to what appears to be an API. There are some other readers that may want something additional. I will continue. :)

#20     Nov 14, 2007