Quote Tracker using DTN.IQ feed......opinions

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bathrobe, Jul 17, 2008.

1. bathrobe

bathrobe

Hello,
    I was looking at DTN.IQ feed for my Quote Tracker data (I only trade ES).........I have read all the ratings but feel some software ratings can be emotional.

I am curious as to any experiences (good, bad) with DTN.IQ and also how it compares with an esignal feed (or maybe eSignal only for charting, not QT, if it is better).

Also, this is for a backup account so if they are relatively the same, price would be a deciding factor.

Thank you for your help.

2. bathrobe

bathrobe

:confused:

3. I use QT/DTN for ES. Funny, had a couple lock ups today & yesterday, but been a month or more since similar problem. DTN does not lag TT feed more than 1/2 second.

4. Aok

Aok

Cant compare it to Esig since Im not one of their customers but compared to TS and IB, have had no latency in quotes.

QT is a nifty little software that works great with many different feeds, dtn among them. Make sure you let DTN know you are QT customer and you'll get price break.

In short, no complaints.

5. I like quotetracker/IQ feed. I use ninjatrader with IQ feed now though, just like the charts a little better. Backfill is faster too. It is free for charting. Might want to check that out too.

6. bathrobe

bathrobe

Thank you all for the help.

Chris

7. Esignal can be a nightmare during busy mkt conditions. has had this problem for years. May want to consider that. I'd go with DTN.