Quote Tracker Not Getting All T/S From IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rcj, Aug 5, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

LOL.

When you become a price action day trader, you'll forget all about QT.

If you can't trade with IB charts, you can't trade.

Nope, I don't work for IB. If you knew my history, you'd know how many times that I've called IB a great broker, but a lousy chart provider. The IB charts have seen great improvement and are now very usable.

I'm not even sure when this transformation occurred, because I wouldn't even give IB charts another chance, after years of their nonsense in the charting area. But, when QT started to be phased out, I knew I had to find something else. I kinda stumbled back onto them just out of curiosity. Glad I did!

I've been around the block with charting software, but you take it for what you think it's worth.

Good luck!

#41     Aug 31, 2011
  2. QuoteTracker is not dead.

QT Support is live and they fixed the IB futures data feed issue!

#42     Sep 1, 2011
  3. rcj

rcj

Well, thats good news, dt. Now, would you tell us what the problem was ??
    Thanks.

#43     Sep 1, 2011
  4. gregiii

gregiii

Don't know if QT fixed or IB fixed it.

It stopped working at around 00:30 am Tuesday, and started working at around 00:30 am Thursday.

TWS server resets at these hours.

I could happen again though.

#44     Sep 1, 2011
  5. rcj

rcj

dt,

What was the problem ? With only two(?) users reporting the problem it would seem something was amiss with QT on your
    PC.

Knowing what happened might help others in the future.

#45     Sep 1, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I wish someone connected with TDA would post here and clear up some questions. Is QT due to end this year, or not?

#46     Sep 1, 2011
  7. for all its faults, and there aren't too many, I don't think QT has any equal design wise.

would be great to get a complete rewrite using optimized code. prob a pipe dream.

PS TWS doesnt have something as basic as a VWAP line for the day.

was the IB problem something on one of their servers, cause I didn't see the issue at all.

#47     Sep 2, 2011
  8. rcj

rcj

VWAP Line....Yep. One of the first hings i noticed when i started
    familiarization process bout a month ago. They do have Pivots, though.

Also like t/s window. easy to config.

#48     Sep 2, 2011
  9. From what I understand, it had to do with the IB server and that is why only certain people were effected.

I don't know if the problem was fixed or if the problem fixed itself when IB's servers reset.

#49     Sep 2, 2011
  10. Interesting this TD / QT promo is still running on the QT site -- http://bit.ly/otRAAC -- of course, the TD page it links to doesn't mention QT at all.

#50     Sep 2, 2011