Quote Tracker Not Getting All T/S From IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rcj, Aug 5, 2011.

1. gregiii

gregiii

Absolutely sure. I am trading it. Real account with real money. Doing it for long time.

#31     Aug 31, 2011
  2. Ok. I re-downloaded QT, set everything to IB source and still - Futures data does not work. Everything else does. This is driving me crazy.

I run windows 7 if that matters. My TWS is configured correctly and works fine. As gregiii stated, it is like QT does not recognize the Future symbols (GLOBEX:mad:ESU1). Stocks work fine.

I even downloaded the stand alone version of TWS and tried that. Didn't help. An no - TWS charts will not work for my style of trading. I'm screwed without QT!

Thanks for the suggestions. Trust me - I've tried everything plus some. How long does it take for support@quotetracker to respond to an email? I emailed them again this morning and have heard nothing.

#32     Aug 31, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

No, you're not. You just think you are right now. Time to adjust a few things. (This from a long time QT supporter.)

#33     Aug 31, 2011
  4. I tried a fresh version of QT on a different computer that runs XP and have the same issue. GLOBEX:mad:ESU1 will not update. SPY is fine.

My TWS API Settings is configured just like it shows on the QT website.

Rules out windows 7 and corrupt QT file. Any ideas on what else it could be?

Everything worked fine prior to Tuesday AM.

#34     Aug 31, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Gregi and DT---

Use the search function here on ET.

Put in: quotetracker to be finished by end of 2011

Then, check the "search titles only" button.

#35     Aug 31, 2011
  6. I get it now...SOL.

And to BSAM - IB charts are still worthless!

#36     Aug 31, 2011
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

J Medved is the most likely one to solve this problem.

#37     Aug 31, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Glad you "get it".

And, "worthless" is in the eye of the beholder. It will just take a little longer for you to "get it", as to IB charts.

#38     Aug 31, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

By the way, DT, I'm not saying IB charting is as good as QT. However, they are plenty good enough to use for trading.

#39     Aug 31, 2011
  10. For Real, how can you trade with TWS. Come on.

I don't want to read 1000 post so I ask - Are there any good alternative to QT, without being an expert programmer?

I like the simplicity of setting up paintbars and alerts in QT. Is there a platform with a similar programming language for the non programmer.

I just learned of QT's fait, and am in a panic.

#40     Aug 31, 2011