Quote Tracker Not Getting All T/S From IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rcj, Aug 5, 2011.

1. gregiii

gregiii

My situation is exactly like yours. Emailed QT this morning also. Waiting for feed back. The strange thing is some people replied that they don't have problem.

I also did not change a thing since yesterday. QT run overnight. Quote stopped at at around 00:31:00 this morning. Never happened before!

#21     Aug 30, 2011
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

#22     Aug 30, 2011
  3. gregiii

gregiii

Catoosa,

I have not installed a patch.

My setting is exactly like yours. Being that way for years. Green lights is blinking, but future quotes are not updating. However, stock quotes are updating through TWS.

This is extremely strange behavior. Don't understand why Most of you do not have this problem. This is also the first time ever happened to me.

#23     Aug 30, 2011
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

GregIII

I must have my QT futures quote page window open for my futures charts to update. The bar on the bottom of the charts must be moved all the way to the right. Are both your QT futures charts and QT futures watch window not updating? On my QT futures watch page window, "Interactive Brokers Customers Only" is selected. With your QT futures watch page window highlighted, check your data source under "Options" and make sure IB is showing and all else looks OK.

#24     Aug 31, 2011
  5. It is like QT does not recognize the futures symbols. I have IB charts and quotes up and they are fine on TWS. Stock (SPY) charts work fine on QT. The only issue is with futures data (GLOBEX:mad:ESU1).

Quotes, Level II, Charts - nothing updates. I have been using QT for years and it has always worked. All of my setting are the same as they have always been. I am running the latest version of QT. I have tried restoring my backup on a duplicate version of QT and still no data.

I emailed QT support Tuesday AM so hopefully I hear back soon. I will post if/when I hear anything. I can't trade without my QT charts!

#25     Aug 31, 2011
  6. gregiii

gregiii

dt. trader

You and I are in the same boat. I also send private message to j_medved, and send support an email again this morning.

#26     Aug 31, 2011
  7. try clearing the data on one of the symbols that is not working (right click menu) and see if:
    1) a quote comes in after you clear
    2) if updates start after that.

#27     Aug 31, 2011
  8. gregiii

gregiii

Done that. Even started a brand new QT with no history data at all. Not working.

Everything starting with GLOBEX:mad:, NYMEX:mad:, NYBOT:mad:, ECBOT:mad:, NYSE:$ is not updating.

All Stcok symbols update OK.

Looks like TWS server is not recognizing these strings any more.

TWS itself works perfectly OK.

#28     Aug 31, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Gregi...Just use the TWS charts. I use them every day. If one can't make money using IB charts; one can't make money.

Unfortunately, QT is apparently fading away.

#29     Aug 31, 2011
  10. are you sure the quotes in TWS are real-time? If they are delayed, then they would only show in TWS, not QT.

#30     Aug 31, 2011