Quote of the week

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by michaelscott, Jul 3, 2007.

  1. I found this in a blog and its some of the best advice I have ever seen...

    "My advice to investors is to be very weary of stocks being pumped through the internet on message boards, blogs and emails, or even through telephone calls asking would you like to invest in a stock that is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Investors should always take a very close look at a company, its financials and its future prospects before investing. However, the spam messages and articles that are written to pump stocks aren’t always garbage. I myself have found some good shorting opportunities because of them, and maybe once in a blue moon you actually have a good stock being recommended."
  2. "And if CNBC has 90% of the investing publics attention and only 10% of the people in the country hold all the wealth why would you take your info from a station owned by the 10% to get advice in that same 10% stock markets for which they are the counter party. That just wouldn't be very smart."
  3. "A wealthy character I once knew reports he invested 90% of his earnings on hookers and booze and pissed the other 10% away."
  4. Last but not least the funniest quote came right here on ET:
    I love it. Stock777 reply



    Registered: Jul 2001
    Posts: 4341

    06-24-07 09:28 PM

    Quote from mde2004:

    I lost 4k trading it today, I will tell truth.

    We may have to revoke your ET membership.

    Admitting to any loss > $100 is punishable in a most severe manner.

    That's why you almost never see anyone admit to any kind of net loss.

    Say you lost 10k trading XYZ, but found 11k in a brown bag when you went outside to puke.

    See, your net is +1k then and you're ok.
  5. There are a number of 'quotes' websites.
    I like thinkexist. A person could spend serious
    time there.

    There are a number of words that one could
    use to search that ET posters might try:

    I have included links below to get those interested




    Popular song lyrics should not be forgotten when it
    comes to quotes as well.


    I'm sick of all this emptiness I've chosen for a life.
    Without no direction, it's a never-ending strife.
    It seemed so perfect as I planted fertile seeds.
    But in this barren soil I've lost my basic needs.

    Another Life by the Crest

  6. I like the one by Stock777 the best.. Very funny..
  7. If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
    You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
    Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
    You think I'll let it go you're mad


    You've Got Another Thing Comin' by Judas Priest