Quote.Com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Honda, Jan 11, 2001.

1. praetorian2 - you're certainly not naive.
    In case you use a broker like IB , you don't get ( and don't have to pay for )any fancy things like RT III or CyberTrader. You get RT quotes from IB and a quite fast Order-entry system Called TraderWorkstation ( + low comissions on stocks, options & futures. That's it.

So you have to help yourself by using 3rd. party products like thew ones mentioned in this thread.

Qcharts is a very good product, but their data-service has it's problems from time to time.

Ravenquote from Tenlights is really outstanding, but since they use Quote.com datafeed, the product stands and falls with the reliability of quote.com's data-service.

As I have heard from another board on siliconinvestor, Tenlights plans to add other RT data-vendors for their Ravenquote software.

BTW: with RQ you could do the scans we've discussed in RT and on any timeframe.

regards

#11     Jan 13, 2001
  2. Dustin

Dustin

praetorian,

I use CyberTrader and Qcharts. I subscribe to Qcharts to have access more sophisticated charts, and Time & Sales data for the Nasdaq and S&P futures. There's a pic of this setup at:

http://www.iwinfree.com/screen.htm

(Scroll to the bottom of the page)

#12     Jan 13, 2001
  3. topmo

topmo

Nice view Dustin. Compliments of Juniper Networks?...I am assumming trading profits.

#13     Jan 15, 2001
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Hehe, yeah thanks.

#14     Jan 15, 2001
  5. topmo

topmo

Dustin....I noticed on another thread that you said you use RSI...how do you use this as an indicator and do you use it with Q Charts or another software program/chart set up?

Is the RSI indicator on the bottom of your chart or an overlay?

Are there any other indicators you use when trading? MA or stochastics?

Thanks in advance.

#15     Jan 16, 2001
  6. topmo

topmo

OK, now I remember that you have QCharts and Cyber....how do you use RSI and what other indicators, methods do you use in trading?

#16     Jan 16, 2001
  7. Dustin

Dustin

The most important tool for me is the RSI on the Cyber charts (see chart at link below). It's great for finding turning points. On the Qcharts I have changed things since that picture you are referring to (at http://www.iwinfree.com/qchartsscreen.JPG

Now on the Qcharts I have Directional Movement, Stochastics, and RSI...but these are on 15 min charts so it's more for longer term moves. As I said above, mostly I just use the Cyber RSI on a 2 min chart.

Of course there are settings for all of these indicators that must be adjusted to any stock or indicator. I would rather not go into my settings.

Also, you asked <i>RSI...how do you use this as an indicator</i>. I would rather not go into that here since it's my "bread & butter". Email me if you want more info.

#17     Jan 16, 2001