Quote.com really blows today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bungrider, May 10, 2002.

1. Can anyone log in to any of their servers?

2. Banjo

Banjo

yep, one of those pos days for q charts

3. I'm pretty happy with NexTrend so far as an inexpensive charting software. It hasn't burped once so far although I've only had it about a month.
    Never tried Quote.com so cannot give comparisons.

4. BSAM

BSAM

I've had both. What good is great software if you can't receive the data on a CONSISTENT basis? For reliability, NexTrend or Quicken Quotes Live blows Quote.com away! :cool:

BSAM

5. no data first 20 min. of trading , better have a backup

6. I just don't understand why anyone even try to use Quote.com for live trading. My experience was that there were outages all the time, missing quotes etc. I switched back to eSignal ... much better

The only real value of Quote.com is their tick database.

7. ddefina

ddefina

My Qcharts has worked all day, except it was on a different server than normal, and slightly slower the first hour. As of now its on the Sunnyvale server and cranking away fine.

I agree with the missing data Vikana. That drives me crazy when its missing the previous days' daily bar, etc. when you use those to base your next days' trading on. It will have the minute bars but not the daily's a lot of times. And sometimes the H and L intraday doesn't agree with the daily bars? Must be the spikes that get edited out automatically?

The reliability and speed have been pretty good the last 4 months for me though.

8. I've been connected to a Sterling server for most of the day - Boston seemed to be out of commission earlier though.

Re: missing daily bars - I've seen it happen sometimes for some reason but if you switch to a 390 minute chart (405 minute for certain ETFs) the server can usually build the equivalent of the daily bars for you from the minute data.

9. I agree with you on everything except for the tick database, since I don't use it. :D With performance like this, you'd think they actually try to run the company into the ground. What a bunch of morons. Everything they touch turns to shit.

Believe me, there's nothing I'd like more than to use another feed, but I use Stock Watch Pro and that's unfortunately the only feed they use. If they used the realtick feed I'd be a much happier camper, but unfortunately I have to donate money every month to quote.com because I have no choice.

10. I am with you on this one. If it wasn't for stock watch pro, Quote.com would've had one less customer. Hopefully they use other feeds in the future.

#10     May 10, 2002