Quote.com down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cheese, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Quote.com is like Microsoft: always criticised but they have done much in democratising trading platform and so pressure competitors to do better.

#11     Mar 4, 2004
  2. ktm

ktm

Andre,

Quote.com was bought by Lycos a few years back. QCharts is the flagship product of the company. There are other offered products that allow programmers to customize various aspects of the data. Unfortunately, customer service is atrocious.

They claim to be "consolidating operations" into one location in New England. The prices are going up and service is going down. Many of us are waiting for a better product. I'm not sure how much Lycos has really put into the operation, with so many acquisitions to manage.

#12     Mar 4, 2004
  3. Andre

Andre

I really wouldn't know, Harry. I don't know much about Quote.com.

I do have experience with Lycos. Working in customer support for Lycos, it was pretty hard to track down decent answers to reasonable questions regarding products or features they had acquired. From my vantage point, they'd acquire something and then basically stop developing and supporting it. I don't know if that's the case with Quote.com. But as KTM posted, relocating, etc.? I'd be working on backup options.

#13     Mar 4, 2004