Quote.com .. down again!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cheese, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Qcharts is dogshit. I finally quit them because I got sick of giving my money to such a worthless organization.

John

#21     Mar 26, 2004
  2. Don't hold back now... what's your honest opinion??

#22     Mar 26, 2004
  3. I know ain't I articulate?? LOL

John

#23     Mar 26, 2004
  4. Hi BSAM,

First, maybe I should have highlighted the word in my post...past.

Secondly, QCharts is not my primary data provider...

QCharts is just a backup for me.

My primary data provider is FutureSource.com

Thus, if/when QCharts has problems...it doesn't cause problems for me in comparison to the past.

What does cause problems for me is when CME is temporarily down or one or more of their networks is down...

such was an example on March 25th Thursday for about 10mins I believe.

When that happens...neither of my charting programs were updating during that duration.

Once again...I gave him a suggestion (sending images) via something I did in the past.

Something else, I highly recommend traders to have 2 backups of everything because nothing is 100% perfect...

Backup broker, backup computer, backup ISP, backup realtime charting program et cetera...

Last thing we need is to be in the middle of a trade when something goes wrong and we have no backup...

I've been there, done that...its a nightmare and I have no intentions of going through such again.

Yes...I strongly agree with you...its very easy to change data providers if/when they are consistently causing you to miss profitable opportunities or worst...cause losses.

I've been with QCharts long enough to know they have a bad habit of saying its not them...must be your computer...

when you show either images or live-recordings of two different realtime charting programs and your brokers quotes working fine except for QCharts...

it clears the issue of blame very fast.

Last of all, my daily live-recordings (.avi) and (.gif) files are part of my daily personal trade journal...

something I've written about a dozen times here at ET.

Such doesn't have the primary purpose to document data vendor problems.

Thus, if/when I do have a problem...it only takes about 2mins to edit out the needed file to send it to a particular individual I know at Quote.com to reimburse my account...

once again this was in the past when I didn't realize at that time how important it was for me to have a backup data vendor.

Hopefully, the above explains things more clearly.

NihabaAshi

#24     Mar 26, 2004
  5. Hi Gringinho,

I strongly agree about telling others about your data vendor problems.

Also, I do know for fact there are Quote.com representives that read comments about their products at EliteTrader.com

I'm glad you have some sort'uv backup.

I just feel sorry for those that don't have a backup...

feel trap while forgetting they have other choices when problems get to the point it seems unforgivable or intolerable.

Take care and I'm sending you a private message.

NihabaAshi

#25     Mar 26, 2004