Quote.com .. down again!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cheese, Mar 12, 2004.

1. msprofitable

msprofitable Guest

My Esignal SP feed is down too. ES is normal though.

#11     Mar 25, 2004
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Gringinho

Have experienced some of the faults you mention.

I have to say I only get really annoyed when the service goes down completely. :mad:

#12     Mar 25, 2004
  3. To compound my arguements further - the service stopped 15:37 and was not up by 15:57 for the ES. This is getting worse by each and every day.

#13     Mar 26, 2004
  4. Hi Gringinho,

One thing I've learned about data vendors...

If they start causing a trader to miss profitable trading opportunities...

It's not worth the stress nor negativity to continue using them.

Also, I didn't have any problems with QCharts today and I have a live-recording and .gif image to show that.

I've attached a 1min chart to show the duration of ES during the period when you had no ES.

Once again, if your charting program is keeping you from making money...

In many ways...its causing losses.

Thus, start documenting (live-recordings as .avi files or .gif images) and contact someone at QCharts with a name and email address and send the files to him/her.

It's what I have done in the past and have been reimbursed.

Last of all, anybody that continues using a problem data vendor instead of using another that may have better data integrity...

its no longer the data vendor's fault (no offense).

Good luck.

P.S. Getting reimbursed wasn't easy and there's lots of free trials out there with other data vendors.

NihabaAshi

#14     Mar 26, 2004
  5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I had no problems with QCharts today.
    And when I do, it's fixed when I change a server.

Use PingPlotter and make sure it was really their Server
    and not your Internet connection.

Try Esignal for a month and see if you like it better.

#15     Mar 26, 2004
  6. le140

le140

I have both esignal and qchart side by side to compare the delay in price. It's barely noticeable that qchart is slower. Two months ago qchart was horrible so I think they did do something to fix this serious issue.

I am dropping esignal after this month is over because qchart just look better and have the best scan/hotlist. After 2 months of comparison, qchart is my choice.

Yes it was down this am and esignal was fine but I am willing to put up with this for better looking charts and a scan list that have all my setup ready. I did swicth to other servers but it's barely up and goes down again. Good thing that it was about 2hrs after open and I am pretty much done by then.

I really should not be promoting them too much since they just raise the price :)

#16     Mar 26, 2004
  7. BSAM

BSAM

For a customer to have to start documenting, contacting QCharts and then sending in the recorded files via email seems ludicrous. Wouldn't it be easier just to change data providers (as you suggest), rather than put up with all this nonsense? Otherwise, your comments (as usual) make a lot of good sense.

#17     Mar 26, 2004
  8. After a year with Qcharts I have finally had enough I am making the switch.

Neo Ticker here I come.

#18     Mar 26, 2004
  9. dhandy

dhandy

It is threads like this that made me switch away from Quote.com about a year ago!

Big D
    :D :D :D

#19     Mar 26, 2004
  10. Yes, most of us depend on charts to be able to trade. I have several data suppliers, so I have some redudancy. As far as the charts goes, I even do my own charting from IB data using snazzy vector-scalable Flash charts that I've developed myself. I've found that the IB quotes are really fast, although far from perfect, but fast works perfect for me, especially considering my automated trading experiments.

I just think that people should be warned of the current situation on forums like this. Also, some of the problem are segmented into various customer groups and product groups, like the problems cited earlier by me and others. I use another product from quote.com than you, for instance. The service experience using quote.com is deteriorating quickly in my case.

We're all basically responsible for all our actions (see my signature for my views on that), and can't really blame trading errors on others, but I like to get what I pay for.

Good luck trading to you too. :)

#20     Mar 26, 2004