Quote.com and ErlangerQuote

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Hubert, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Hubert

Hubert

are they any good thinking about setting them up as a back up for AT FIn been have problems with them but have heard bad things about quote.com

any you guys use them or like them
    thanks

2. I hade Qcharts for about 2 years. At first it really was bad because of server problems. Then they went thru a whole rebuild of all their farms. I don't think since then I had more than a few outages.

I think most of the bad press is from the old days.

I have TS6 now, which is comparably priced.

3. quote is great erlanger, very average and disapointing..
    just forget it

4. Hubert

Hubert

which one you like better qcharts or Ts

5. Hubert

Hubert

ok what do you recommend
    what do you use?

6. TS6...but not "hands down." Both have their pluses and minuses.

I think Qcharts is more user friendly. For instance I have three monitors on which I have 5 charts all the same symbol but different time frames, T&S, and Level 2. I'm fairly simple. With Qcharts, when I want to change symbols, I type the symbol and press enter. All charts change to the symbol and the T&S and Level 2 do also.

I didn't know until TS6 that this is called window linking. With TS 6 you have to type "global symbol" and all charts change. Not the T&S and Level 2 though. They must be changed individually. Kind of lame, but TS7 is supposed to have better window-linking. Anyway, the global symbols are stored in a small box that opens when you just hit enter. So then I scroll down to the symbol I want and hit enter agin and voila.

Also, TS6 doesn't have color coded T&S for trades going off at the bid and ask. Seems small until you don't have it.

TS6 is a brokerage also, and commish is good. Integrated order entry. Although a lot of the guys here who have TS6 also have IB which they trade thru usually.

Plus if you want to back test an idea you can't beat it...

I have had TS6 for just 3 weeks now and I am used to everything except the lack of color coded T&S. I really miss that.

7. lojze

lojze

Are there any?

Lojze

8. klev

klev

9. I use Qcharts on 4 monitors with the tick ticki trin prem s&p500 futures daily 15 min 5 min 1 min & tick of the SPY's and level II's Quote sheets, and some other things

I use Esignals "turbofeed" on another 4 monitors. I use Esignal to get their feed "turbofeed" then close Esignal and bring up Ensign Software and use it to confirm the readings of the Tick Ticki Trin and prem. I also have some custom programs written in Ensigns ESPL language that display possible trades.

I got Esignal to verify Qcharts ( and to have a backup system) because from time to time I would get bad data from Qcharts. Whenever there was a discrepancy Qcharts was wrong 9 times out of 10.

The next logical question would be. Why not just get rid of Qcharts?. I couldn't trade as well. The look and feel of Qcharts, the ease of use, and it's scaling ability is IMHO the best I have ever seen. I wouldn't trade it for any other package. If I had to choose one it would be Qcharts hands down. But I don't do any backtesting either.

I moved from Kansas City to Houston and the Qcharts feed has been 10 times better than it was in Kansas City. I moved a couple of years ago and according to the last post they fixed some things. I believe it..:D

10. NKNY

NKNY

Thats funny, I was just thinking the same thing today....I need Qcharts to trade also , I feel boxed in with other programs.

good trading

Nick

#10     Sep 8, 2002