QUIZ--fill in the blanks, test your knowledge/bias--

Discussion in 'Politics' started by total180, Dec 28, 2003.

1. (countryA's) STRATEGY OF INTENTIONAL TERRORISM

In (countryA, person1's) personal diaries, there is an excerpt from May of (date) in which he quotes (person2) as follows: "(countryA) must see the sword as the main, if not the only, instrument with which to keep its morale high and to retain its moral tension. Toward this end it may, no - it must - invent dangers, and to do this it must adopt the method of provocation-and-revenge...And above all - let us hope for a new war with the (countriesB), so that we may finally get rid of our troubles and acquire our space." Quoted in...

countryA=?
    person1=?
    person2=?
    countriesB=?
    date=?

2. countryA= Germany
    person1= Adolf Hitler
    person2= Bismark
    countriesB= Poland and Russia
    date= Late 1920's

Since that's too obvious....it's not the right answer.

Don't tell me it's Dubya? :confused:

3. Pabst

Pabst

Today's leaders know better than to keep diaries (or tapes:D )

4. Don't most diaries involve the introspective, self reflective quality of an individual?

In that case, Bush has nothing to worry about...his diary would be blank.

5. Let me try!

Country A = Mars
    Person1 = Marvin the Martian
    Person2 = Elmer Fudd
    date = Circa 1960's Warner Brothers Inc.
    Country B = Earth

6. Ugh...Optional, your sig drives me batshit.

Could you kindly at least read "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal
    by Ayn Rand " to find out what it is you're bashing? Because, I doubt you have any concept of capitalism, or why the alternatives to capitalism are all proven failures.

I'll pay for the damn book, if that's the issue.

7. Oh yea, Ayn was really clued into the realities of life.

Looks like I need to add you to the list of confused capitalists on my list.

8. Go ahead and add me. It would be an honor.

The book includes essays on the subject by various authors, not just Rand. There's also a brilliant piece by Alan Greenspan bashing unbacked fiat currencies, and praising gold bullion as a store of value and tool towards economic freedom. You are missing out by not reading this, and you have no idea what you're attacking when you speak against capitalism.

9. You clearly have not read my comments about capitalism in the thread of Dean's speech here in the chit chat section.

As far as Alan's reversal of thought concerning gold and currencies, long term exposure to extreme and unbridled capitalism often has that effect.

10. Ok..I'll look that up.

...and I'm not so sure that Greenspan has turned a 180...rather I think he just isn't a revolutionary. He's trying to make the existing system work as well as it can, without performing the ideal overhaul.

#10     Dec 28, 2003