Quitting full-time trading - what next?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by toothpick114, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Only someone who probably never tried to operate a start-up would say this. I had several. Getting a corporate job is far better. You get a dependable salary, medical and other benefits.

In this economy, it is hard to start a business. You work long hours. You put a lot of money into it. You have a high failure rate. Start-ups rarely return much compensation to the owner until after several years of operation, if ever. And it is very hard to get paid.

#21     Mar 7, 2009
  2. I years ago included my technical analysis on my resume and I did not find ever any negatives to it when I made myself available to corporations needing my skills. Now no co ever needed those exact TA skills for the type of business consulting jobs that I have taken on. But it is ones overall financial skills and ability that business/corps will look at.
    I use both TA and FA in my security analysis.

#22     Mar 7, 2009
  3. JB3

JB3

Can you find a worse time to try to get a job in the finance industry? In this economy, there are much better qualified folks with college degrees that can't even find a job after they got laid off. And I'm talking about people who have worked for years in the industry and have an impressive resume.

#23     Mar 8, 2009