quite afraid US may impose million-dollar tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trend2009, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Truer words were never spoken brother

#31     Sep 29, 2012
  2. you, me and everybody else knows it is true, but what do we do about it?

#32     Sep 29, 2012
  3. Like I always said, I don't care what you are as long as you are radical. If you're going to do anything, do it in a big way. The force is not from the right or the left, the force is in the middle, and it takes bold action to move the middle, and in most cases, the middle is correct.

#33     Sep 29, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

these words from you show that barrier to entry are low.
    "2 years of government paid for unemployment compensation, then you get a wheelbarrow and are exempt from all government regulation

You can even set up 20 feet from the entrance to Macy's on the day after Thanksgiving"

if somebody read this isn't the conclusion that barriers to entry in ny are low?

#34     Sep 29, 2012
  5. no, today it is darn near impossible to buy a wheelbarrow and start peddling goods. You need permits, and if you are selling food you need to take tests, and you need to apply for liscences, and you need to get government permission where you can even set up. The barrier is very high. And it's the established business that pays the politicians to enforce the barrier to protect their interest, which I can see, because if I went through all that to get a legitimate business I wouldn't want to see some up and comer standing outside my front door selling exactly what I am selling inside and paying all the fees and taxes for at a reduced price.

#35     Sep 29, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

your explanation is correct, but the way you originally posted would lead someone to the opposite conclusion.

#36     Sep 29, 2012
  7. so it's just a matter of vision of the government, does the government support easy entry to entrepeanurship, or does it support employeeship?

Every month they give the figures of how many people are unemployed, but they never give the figures of how many people are in business for themselves.

Go back and read Das Kapital. He knows what to do with capital that others have created, but he never understands how to create capital.

Nobody today admits that being an employee is the lowest form of existence you can descend to. On the contrary, they look at it as an honorable profession and even demand that employees should have rights.

Being an employee is just something that everybody should have to go through until they figure out how the deal works. It should be extremely hard to hold a good employee because they have a tremendous desire to own their own business. 8% unemployment should be a temporary relief to those that need employees. It's all supply and demand.

profit sharing can put it all back in equalibrium. Like my mother always said, "Dont be mean. Share."

#37     Sep 29, 2012

8. Convince people that how the government taxes is not nearly as important as how the government spends

IMHO

#38     Sep 29, 2012
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Exactly, Mgabriel, that's a point I too have tried to make, but my protestations fall on many deaf ears. All of this bitching about taxes is wasted effort. Instead we ought to be debating spending, what it should be on, and what it should not. Then we might get somewhere.

#39     Sep 29, 2012