quite afraid US may impose million-dollar tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trend2009, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Well gee, isn't that just LIFE? Of course the rich have an advantage... which is why one should strive to be rich if interested in that sort of thing.

You believe the poor are ENTITLED to startup money?

#21     Sep 29, 2012
  2. Neither.

#22     Sep 29, 2012
  3. this ignores the fact that I am no longer allowed to settle on free land and fish and hunt to feed my family. So, when it comes to resources, it really is a fixed pie. If you are going to occupy my hunting grounds, then you need to compensate me.

#23     Sep 29, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

more important is the mentality of people. you have to have the ability to think outside the box and to persevere.

it is a lot easier today to create a business today thanks to the internet. the internet has eliminated the need in many cases for a physical store. it also makes it much easier to raise money e.g. kickstarter.com.

the old saying think rich be rich is still true.

#24     Sep 29, 2012
  5. barrier to entry

crony capitalism

excessive regulation which benefits the established

Macy started with a wheelbarrow peddling goods on the street

How would that go today?

true, internet levels the playing field somewhat, but not enough

2 years of government paid for unemployment compensation, then you get a wheelbarrow and are exempt from all government regulation

You can even set up 20 feet from the entrance to Macy's on the day after Thanksgiving

#25     Sep 29, 2012
  6. I pay a shit load in taxes, because....

[​IMG]

#26     Sep 29, 2012
  7. zdreg

zdreg

"2 years of government paid for unemployment compensation, then you get a wheelbarrow and are exempt from all government regulation

You can even set up 20 feet from the entrance to Macy's on the day after Thanksgiving"

didn't u just show that barriers to entry are low?

#27     Sep 29, 2012
  8. no, just the opposite, barriers to entry are extremely high, that's why the guy in Tunisia just simply set himself on fire

#28     Sep 29, 2012
    #29     Sep 29, 2012
    #30     Sep 29, 2012