Quit my job today!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tampa, Feb 20, 2002.

1. :D That's classic tampa. Very funny! :D

#11     Feb 21, 2002
  2. This is funny!

But it was Magna, not tampa!

Just don't operate on my brain. It has been through enough already...

:p

#12     Feb 21, 2002
  3. lojze

lojze

Hi Tom P,

What's actually written on this page 19?

Can you cut and paste a little into a reply to this message?

Lojze

#13     Feb 21, 2002
  4. Well, no. Not free. But if you qualify they'll pay you 50k a year to learn something like it. Then all they'll want is a little of your time to hone your skills on soldiers...

http://www.usuhs.mil/

#14     Feb 21, 2002
  5. tom_p

tom_p

It is a full page advertisement purporting to be an options trading system that has made its users many hundreds of thousands of dollars, and available for only $49. Rather than reposting this garbage here, I refer you to the Oh for shame!!! thread, where you can have a good laugh at some snippets.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=43238#post43238

#15     Feb 21, 2002
  6. trdrmac

trdrmac

I quit my job on Aug, 7 2000, back in the days where having a job actually cost you money. I would recommend that you read "Nothing Down", "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and "Wall Street Money Machine", and then go strait to the infomercial circuit.

And you will soon ponder the question of why a 22oz coffee at 8am does not do crap to keep you alert, but three sips at 9PM will keep you tossing all night.

Best of luck.

#16     Feb 21, 2002
  7. Magna

:D :D :D :D Nothing beats a good laugh. Thanks

#17     Feb 21, 2002
  8. dottom

dottom

That $49 price tag and the "9-of-10" winners sounds similar to the crap Optionnetics course that was sold. The $49 price tag just gets you a cheap paper pamphlet that discusses the basics of delta neutral strategies. You have to pay a few grand for the full video course.

Of course, neither the paper pamphlet or the video tells the customer that you have to do enough size and have very low costs to beat the options premium & spread involved with most delta neutral strategies.

#18     Feb 21, 2002
  9. tampa-
    do you mean you're quiting trading? I'm not sure if thats what you meant by your job. But if so..I'm just curious as to how long you tried it as a full-time job?
    did you put 100% in?
    do you have a history of changing careers?
    why did you quit?

thanks uptick2000

does anyone know if you can change your handle? i think my name is a bit outdatd , so i'm looking to upgrade to 2002

#19     Feb 21, 2002
  10. mike s

mike s

Hey man, which McDonalds did you work at? I need a job.

Thanks,
    Mike

#20     Feb 21, 2002