Quit Corporate Job to become Options Trader Full-Time. Need Professional Advice.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by MarksmanII, Jul 5, 2015.

1. EPrado

EPrado

I hear ya man. Good to hear. Sounds like you put yourself in a great spot. Life is too damn short...got to enjoy.

#51     Jul 11, 2015
  2. i960

i960

Ahh the ole SF house thing. Just wait a couple years my friend.

I've been in the bay area for almost 20 years now and I expect yet another "correction." :)

If you ever want to shoot the shit trading wise sometimes perhaps we could arrange a Bay Area get together. I think there's like 5 of us. Hah.

#52     Jul 12, 2015
  3. xandman

xandman

Like SF had a real correction.....100k on million dollar home is 10%. Try Chicago. 33%! Houses are cheaper but people are permanently underwater. SF is like manhattan. Unlimited demand.

#53     Jul 12, 2015
  4. NPTrader

NPTrader

SF has a distorted reality market. Limited housing and crazy wealth with high desirability kept house prices flat through the last downturn. Most owners just held and rode out the turbulence.

Getting together would be fun. I am walking out the door in the am for a camping trip and then have business travel to Sri Lanka, Raleigh, London, and Kiev back to back, so things will be pretty unforgiving until later August. Q2 just closed so doing a lot of first half reviews with the companies I get to be involved with.

#54     Jul 12, 2015
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Capitalized Funding helps in that every trade is not thought of as in money for one thing. Mentally sticking to your well back tested Trading Plan is hardest problems you will encounter, now in terms of how well your Trading Plan will be the biggest issue. Every month I brain storm or try figure out new ways of encountering new problems and then study hard to find the answers. Cause in real life you much know the answer before the problem, so Trading Plan is education. Most of us who are still here ran through several accounts to learn how to trade, in my time I know two people who never blown out underfunded accounts and dozens who blow over 100k accounts, so money or lack is a 50/50 issue and comes down to if you know the answers. And with options, have to know before you put them on, what do you do when they going the wrong way. Now with me I add more as it going against me but also add on other plays to soften existing loses, and this takes bigger funds. So your capital has to be able to match and still have ample room to take "odd" moves that might go against you.

Are you going to stay with 2% or lower risk? Percentage of risk has more to do about trading that size of account, most day traders get wiped out cause they don't do 2% rule.

Good luck.

#55     Jul 15, 2015
  6. Jones75

Jones75

If you live near the Canadian border, you can relocate and play on the TMX. Your $10,000. U.S. is worth $12,920.50 CDN. I know it's not the CBOE, but there is liquidity, here and there, enough to earn a living. There's about 80 underliers that are transposed with the States.
    Good Luck

#56     Jul 15, 2015
  7. sonoma

sonoma

Agreed. The premise of the thread is so completely idiotic that it has to be a ruse.

#57     Jul 15, 2015
  8. ivadez

ivadez

REALLLLLYYYY old post, but.... any update 4 years now?

#58     Sep 5, 2019
  9. slvrrisc

slvrrisc

imo, OP should have waited until this year to be able to trade the new micro index futures. I had a similar experience and lost a month's salary on my first options trades. I finally gave up on options to swing or daytrade which is dangerous with a small account, then went to futures only for daytrading, and glad I never went back to options.

#59     Sep 15, 2019