Quip About Pelosi & Reid... Likely to cost David Feherty his job

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, May 10, 2009.

1. May. 10, 2009

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- CBS Sports golf analyst David Feherty came under sharp criticism Saturday for a joke he wrote in a Dallas magazine article that suggested American soldiers would be just as likely to knock off House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Leader Harry Reid as they would Osama bin Laden.

Feherty was among five Dallas residents who wrote for D Magazine on former President George W. Bush moving to Dallas, where the former Ryder Cup player from Northern Ireland has been living the last dozen years.

"From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this though," Feherty wrote toward the end of his column. "Despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."

Of course, he's right.... would be a blessing all around.

But he'll probably get fired over it. Too bad, I like his commentary... on golf, too.:(

2. I don't think it was a joke. I think it was a real comment made by someone or a group of GI's over in Iraq to him.

John

3. if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."
    ---------------------

Hmnnn.. the insanity defense wouldn't be an option in this case. :D

4. You know all the inflammatory rhetoric and insults directed toward Reid and Pelosi should be alarming them. Reid looks too stupid to figure it out. He reminds me of a little city councilman down here who was an absolute zero who stood behind his office trying to push everybody around.