Quiet Quarter on Wall Street Hurts Goldman’s Results Trading revenue dropped 18% in latest quarter;

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ETJ, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ETJ

ETJ

2. If they want retail trading they need to crash the market

apdxyk and JSOP like this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

They can't expect us retail traders to create volatility. I hope that's not what they were thinking.

4. ironchef

ironchef

Not enough of us retails handing over our money to them this last quarter. Let's trade more to help them out.

5. JSOP

JSOP

Well they are gonna have to create some volatility for us to hand over our money to them. No voli, no tradie. If I was going to trade just to get the same amount of money back, I might as well put it in the bank. If they want to keep everything quiet, then my money is going to just sit in the bank earning interest quietly.

6. ironchef

ironchef

I don't know, I personally prefer quiet market with a steady up trend like the good old days of 2017, it was like printing money then.

7. JSOP

JSOP

The problem with steady trending market is you won't be able to enter it and you never know when it's going to stop. Where you enter at could be the top/bottom of the trend and you end up getting trapped and get double screwed if it reverses right after if you didn't hedge and double screwed if it goes into a flatline right after if you hedged.

At least when the market has a bit of volatility, you would be able to enter at better prices which gives you a bit of cushion.