Quicksand-please help!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by yetitrader, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

First of all, this is a great forum. Secondly, I am a noob and finally, English is my second language.

Now we covered all that, please allow me to give you little background on my situation.

I have been fascinated by the market since 2005. Without knowing anything, I managed to make 100% return in 2007 from my 20k account at that time. I got back into market again in 2008 and was burnt real bad. My account was not big(10k), got margin calls left and right. In march of 2009, My account had $1700 left.

Not surprising, is it?

I never had a trading plan. I always hoped and market went north on 2007 and it was all good. In 2008, I started taking a lot of loss without any good stop-loss technique. I bought it at peak and sold it on valley. I saw market rally and some of the stocks I sold at the time have gone up 70 times.

Now, my account is back at $7400 from $1700. I seem to know little better about the market and have read few books recently and have been little better, I think . Lately what's happening is, I do make 10-15% but that quickly melts and I am back to square one.

Good thing is- I am preserving my capital. Bad thing is my account is always sideways. Figuring this out by myself has been frustrating. I am looking for help.

Thank you very much.

Yeti trader

2. For starters, you are a lying SOB because your English is highly idiotmatic, so you are clearly a naive speaker.

That said, what you need is a system. Excusing my lisp, queerly you do not have one. I can help. But it will be painful. Because to become a systematic trader you must first renounce intuitive brilliance.

3. Thanks for the reply Joe. I haven't lied a single thing but I will take that as a compliment. I moved to United states in 2004, so may be being here for a while has helped my English. The reason I put that disclaimer is I didn't want to get hammered by someone saying" first learn English and then stock".

Anyway, thats besides the point , now. Can you please give me some pointers and specifics on a system trading based on my situation?

Again, thanks so much.