Quicken to Esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jasra, May 26, 2002.

1. Jasra

Jasra

Is that for the total package ?

I was quoted $88 to include the advanced charting to the basic package.

Just a note on the advanced charting. They are clearly better than the basic but the way the candles are represented should IMHO be as follows

1 Open rising color candlestick: Closes higher than the close of the previous candle and higher than the open of the current candle.

2 Filled rising color candlestick: Closes higher than the close of the previous candle and lower than the open of the current candle

3 Open falling color candlestick: Closes lower than the close of the previous candlestick and higher than the open of the current candlestick.

4 Filled falling color candlestick: Closes lower than the close of the previous candlestick and lower than the open of the current candlestick.

Also missing...

1. Ability to change chart background individually for each segment such as for stochs etc.

2. lines drawn on charts that are not visible when viewing in a larger timeframe than the time frame initially drawn on. i.e draw a line on a 1min chart, and not have it visible on a 60 min chart.

3. Having an option to rotate previously drawn lines by the first point.

Jasra

Btw...the data feed seems a lot more reliable and quicker than in QQL

#41     May 31, 2002
  2. Medved is great for a free service but it does not even come close
    to any paid service, plus you have to get a good feed from a third party broker. I used medved for one day after I left Nextrend , I called E-sig the next day to take them up on the specials they were advertising. And the back fill option is a pain becuase the charts look like crap after you backfill.
    I use Medved for news and basic stuff it seems to be the best free service out there.

#42     May 31, 2002
  3. ""I haven't tried Qcharts.. I had esignal.. and I had issues with it sometimes.. I am willing to try Qcharts before I'd go back to esignal.. DTNIQ includes options and greeks for 44.50/month.. esignal can't touch it.. too hot. ""

What are you using to connect to the internet???
    Modem , Dsl , cable??

I have used 3 services E-sig has the best feed hands down.

#43     May 31, 2002
  4. doher

doher

I'm so miffed with Intuit - I pulled the the plug on them.

Best part- the losers ask you to take a survey to explain the reasons you are cancelling your subscription.

As someone stated - this should have been an award -winning product.

Too bad Intuit squandered our loyalty.

Keep this in mind the next time -you contemplate buying another Intuit product.

Go figure - software manufacturers have the balls to complain about software piracy.

doher
    PO'

#44     May 31, 2002
  5. doher

doher

they -value your feedback - in order to improve their product.

doher
    LMAO

#45     May 31, 2002
  6. I have DSL, as someone mentioned in Qcharts vs Esignal thread, I'd get erroneous data, and the user friendliness of the data manager is weak, I have to concentrate on my positions not how many symbols I have going.. I reference option chains as well.. I don't know how esignal treats those as far as symbol counts but if they do count each option as a seperate symbol 150 is not nearly enough to do my scans..

I'd like to know what esignal wants for unlimited symbols with their advanced charting plus option quotes..

#46     May 31, 2002
  7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Please call our sales line and ask for the competitor trade-up special. 1-800-367-4670

With this special, you'll get access to over 500,000 symbols, 500 at a time. When you pull-up option chains you have two choices; dynamic and static. In the dynamic option, each option symbol counts toward the 500. In the static mode, each chain only counts as 1 symbol and you just need to hit refresh to get them to update.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

#47     May 31, 2002
  8. Actually I do need dynamic option quotes, because I trade options.. In QQL they are dynamic.. I have them linked to excel and I do scans on the data, having a limit of 1000 would be minimum for me.. 500 is too close for comfort. specially when I manually have to clear symbols.. I have enough to concentrate on with trading, I don't need to extra hassles.. and to pay double that I would pay with DTNIQ or QQL, I'll keep looking thank you, BTW I just called esignal, to get dynamic options plus advanced charting would be 89/month includes the symbol limit though.. that is their special offer.

#48     May 31, 2002
  9. I was using the QQL $19.95 + exchange fees version. I loved it. It was simple and easy to configure and set it up the way I want it. I signed up for Esignal and was disappointed and plan to cancel. It just doesn't do what I need -- which is provide a basic quote and charting software which is very simple to use like QQL.

The best solution: Esignal eventually offers a package which uses the QQL format. I assume since QQL is getting out of the business that they could do that.

When are people going to realize that one charting package doesn't suit everyone? QQL really filled a niche in my opinion and now there will be a void.

#49     Jun 1, 2002
  10. I don't get it , how can a $ 19.95 software service compare to what e-sig offers. Ok I never used QQL but still it does not make sense. Have you really looked at the advanced charts in e-sig ?? How much simpler can they be to use??

#50     Jun 1, 2002