Quicken to Esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jasra, May 26, 2002.

1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you are a QQL customer and your equivalent conversion eSignal service does not offer Nasdaq Level 2, yet you need it, we have several other packages available for you. Please call our Service or Sales groups and we'll go over your options.

This also applies if you want to use our Advanced Charting. We have several, very competitive, specials to choose from.

Sales: (800) 815-8256
    Service and Support: (800) 762-7538

In Europe: +44 (0)20 7825 8770

Thanks,

#21     May 28, 2002
  2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

When you start eSignal, in essence two applications really open; one is the eSignal application with charts and quotes and the other is the Turbofeed Data Manager (DM). The DM is the application that connects to our servers and manages your connection to us. The eSignal application then talks to the DM to get it's data.

You can run multiple applications, including more than 1 session of eSignal, and the DM will communicate with all of the active applications requesting data. While it works just fine, running more than one session of eSignal is not really in the design so you have to be aware as you are saving layouts, switching files, etc.

Keep in mind, you can not run multiple occurences of the DM ( on another PC for ex. ) as that requires a seperate account, exchange fees, etc.

DDE links with eSignal are very easy to set-up and use. We have a small utility available called SigTools that you can access via our Traders Toolbox once you load our program.

Most data fields are supported as are most symbol types. You simply create a link in one cell and eSignal updates that cell dynamically. You can then write macros to manage that data. At this point, you can't access historical data via DDE, you just have to save it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

#22     May 28, 2002
  3. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it will probably do what I need. I guess I'll give it a try.

#23     May 28, 2002
  4. I have been with Qcharts , Nextrend and E-signal ( 2 times) .
    E-sig is my current software of choice. The only reason I left in the first place was because at the time the price for month to month was to expensive. I had Nextrend for a few months when I left E-sig , no complaints , nice reliable software good charts and other nice features. I came back to E-Sig basically because of the reliability of the feed plus the Advanced charts are a huge improvement over the old basic charts. They also had great pricing offers for prior customers .Now I don't get to intense with my charting and for me they fulfill all my charting needs. However I also cant understand how much more someone would need from charting that is not offered in the advanced charting that e-sig provides. The advanced charts are clean, easy to read and navigate and easy to customize.
    E-Sig tech support is also very helpful and courteous.

Just my 2 cents.

#24     May 28, 2002
  5. shyhh

shyhh

Hi Scott,

Do i get NQ with this version of Esignal ?

#25     May 30, 2002
  6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

As I understand it, the CME eminis were not offered under the QQL service. Since we were trying to "mirror" your QQL service with an eSignal service package and keep those low rates, we didn't include futures with those packages.

If you need the eminis, we have several other specially priced packages for QQL customers that provide access to ALL eSignal services ( including our Advanced Charting )

Please call our Service or Sales groups and we'll go over your options. These rates are hard to beat.

Sales: (800) 815-8256
    Service and Support: (800) 762-7538

In Europe: +44 (0)20 7825 8770

Thanks,

#26     May 30, 2002
  7. doher

doher

spoke to a rep. - this $34.95 deal is without a doubt a watered down service.

The basic chart offer - will NOT power 3rd party programs.

This offer is just to get us in the door, with the hope of enticing
    us to switch to the advanced package.

(QQL clients will have access to eSignal's standard charting. If you would like access to the advanced charting with more than 100 technical analysis indicators, drawing tools and a formula engine, please call us at (800) 762-7538)

In my opinion this watered down offer - is Not an adequate replacement for QQL Deluxe.

regards
    doher

#27     May 30, 2002
  8. ---------------------------------------------------------------
    This offer is just to get us in the door, with the hope of enticing
    us to switch to the advanced package.
    In my opinion this watered down offer - is Not an adequate replacement for QQL Deluxe.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Absolutely correct.
    I am a QQL Real Time user.
    Today i start my esignal subscription. Well, dramatic improvement.
    I see 3 days intraday chart with little, little bars. Very useful.
    I want to add a Fast Stochastic to the chart, but i find only %K field.
    And the %D? Random numbers?
    For 19.95+exchange fees i can use only pieces of indicators. How much for a full stochastic? $50? $100?
    Searching for a manual? I find only Advanced charting manual.

Where is the deal?
    Why should I pay $19.95 if i must upgrade and pay $50/60 more?

marco

#28     May 30, 2002
  9. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

You have access to 60 days of intraday history. If you are only seeing 3 days, you simply need to go into the Chart Properties, click on the General tab and change the drop-down box for # of days.

While our Standard Charting is sufficient for thousands of our customers, we did want to upgrade our charting capabilities and that's why we introduced the Advanced Charting in April.

The functionality of the Standard Charting should work just fine but you can do more with Advanced Charting and AC is just about the only item omitted from the QQL packages.

If you need more, we have options for you and we're trying our best to keep the rates as low as possible.

Thanks,

#29     May 31, 2002
  10. mbg

mbg

Signed up for esignal (from Realtick)

unfortunately, I can't run any other programs while its running - go figure

They told me to get my computer checked

I'm back to Realtick :)

#30     May 31, 2002