Quicken to Esignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jasra, May 26, 2002.

1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Here's a few more FYI's regarding our standard charting:

You have access to 60 days of historical data with a minimum of 1 minute interval bars. We have some common preset intervals like 1,5,10,30, etc but you can actually change the minute interval to anything you want and choose the # of days to pull ( Chart Options, Properties - General tab for # of days and Interval tab to set the interval).

You can also view tick charts for the past 10 days. The same is true for Time and Sales.

Analytics should work fine on the weekend. May want to be sure you have enough data for that particular analytic ( i.e. a 50 period moving average wouldn't display on a 60 min bar chart over two days. Needs at least 50 periods to calculate ).

To get a quick tour of eSignal and the features you have access to, please visit this tutorial:
    http://www.esignal.com/support/eSignal/Tutorial/index.html

All features and functionality listed here are accessible within our standard eSignal offering. A seperate tutorial was written when we released the Advanced Charting last month. For information on Advanced Charting or ver 7.0, please click on Customer Support, then select eSignal 7.0 info.

If you have any other questions, one of the really nice features of eSignal is the quick access to Technical Support. Just click on the Customer Support tab and choose LiveRep ( during each US Market day ).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

#11     May 27, 2002
  2. Dice2

Dice2

1. So there's Time & Sale on the basic package?

2. What will I get with the Advanced Charting? Elliott Wave, etc. or is that another package [GET if I recall]?

Peace... Dice

#12     May 27, 2002
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

To your questions.

1. Yes, absolutely. Time and Sales data is available to all subscribers.

2. Advanced Charting has an excellent set of drawing tools, allows for adjustments in scaling, bar sizes, and an interface that lets you customize your chart to a much greater extent. We've also added a formula language so you can write your own study or convert existing ones and use w/in eSignal. Here's a link to more information on Advanced Charting:

http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features/default.asp

We also have over 300 FAQ's regarding the service and a section dedicated to Advanced Charting.

http://www.esignal.com/support/FAQ/default.asp

Thanks,

#13     May 27, 2002
  4. Jasra

Jasra

In fairness, Scott is right, I had skimped over the settings for the charts and you can adjust the time period. However, imho, I still think they can not be compared to the QQL charts.

I am still experimenting with the advanced charts and I do like some of the additional features which wasn't present in the QQL package. Although I have come across one instance of data anomolies between time frames. (Scott, if you want me to post it here, I will)

I think QQL did offer the best value on price/features but so far I am reasonably pleased with esignal.

Scott is right about their live technical support. One mouse click and you have a live techie to hand, in fact the other night they even telephoned me to sort out my log on problems, which I thought was pretty good when you consider I am in the Arabian Gulf !.

Jasra

#14     May 27, 2002
  5. Miki

Miki

Time & Sales screen was always part of the Level II screen.

QQL deluxe users do not get Level II screen!

Am I missing something?
    :confused:

#15     May 27, 2002
  6. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Miki,

You can see Time and Sales as a part of the Level 2 window but you can ALSO view them in a dedicated window. Please try this for me. Put your cursor on any stock and right-click to bring up the menu. Choose Intraday History, then Time and Sales.

We have not added Time and Sales or other tabular types of data to our Advanced Charting module so all subscribers need to use Standard Charting to see Time and Sales.

Jasra,

Feel free to e-mail any oddities you see to sjohnson@esignal.com.

Thanks,

#16     May 27, 2002
  7. Hi Miki,

I am on the same boat as you and from my research I found that the QCharts basic pakage has just about all we had with QQL including Time and Sales and Level II. They offer all I need except (i think) for options quotes.

Check out the features at:
    http://finance.lycos.com/home/qcharts/default.asp?option=price

Let me know what you think.

:)

#17     May 27, 2002
  8. Miki

Miki

I heard that Qcharts data feed is not all that hot. :(
    I am currently looking into Nextrend - I'll keep you posted.

Don't lose hope, we'll get there!:D

#18     May 27, 2002
  9. Eldredge

Eldredge

I have a couple of questions for anyone that might know. Can you open more than one session of e-signal from the same machine - I usually have three sessions of QQL open and just click to move from one to the other. Also, has anyone used the DDE? The description of DDE on their web-site was a little nebulous. This is more important than the charts to me. Thanks in advance for any info.

#19     May 27, 2002
  10. Miki

Miki

Thanks for your help!:cool:

#20     May 28, 2002