Quicken Quotes Live to be discontinued

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by doher, May 22, 2002.

1. doher

doher

Re: Important Information Regarding Your Quicken Quotes Live Service

Dear Quicken Quotes Live User,
    Thank you for your use of Quicken Quotes Live. We regret to inform you that the Quicken Quotes Live Service will be discontinued after June 30, 2002. Please consider this email transmission as official notice of Intuit's termination of the QQL service pursuant to your Subscription Agreement.

Beginning July 1, 2002, you will no longer be able to log into Quicken Quotes Live and access the services you have used through the QQL software. It is important to note that as of this date your stock list in QQL will be unavailable. If you have not already done so, it is recommended that you store your stock list before June 30 in another location and print out a copy for your records. For instructions on how to do this please click here http://qql.quicken.com/goto/dfaqstocklist.

We apologize for the inconvenience. However, we have teamed with eSignal, a subsidiary of Interactive Data Corporation, who is providing a special offer on their real-time market data service for our QQL users. eSignal has agreed to offer QQL customers preferred pricing if you sign up by June 30, 2002.

We understand that real-time trading information and analysis tools are important to you. We have worked closely with eSignal to attempt to offer to you a comparable service. And, eSignal has offered to lower their price points by up to 68% so that you may receive eSignal Equities 150 at the same price that you enjoy with QQL Deluxe*. Please click http://www.esignal.com/intuit/156f to learn more about eSignal and sign up for a risk-free, 30-day trial. To protect your privacy, we have not provided eSignal with your contact information. You must contact them directly to receive this special pricing offer.

Within the next few weeks, we will be sending you additional information about eSignal's service offerings. In an effort to better assist you, we have included some answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) with this email which will also be posted on the Quicken Quotes Live website. http://qql.quicken.com/goto/discontinuefaq If you require further assistance, please contact our customer support at 520-901-3361 or email us at quickenquoteslive@quicken.com.

We thank you for your support of Intuit products and services.

The Quicken Quotes Live Team

*Assuming a standard monthly subscription fee for QQL Deluxe of $34.95.

This e-mail was sent to inform you of a critical matter. Please note that if you have chosen to not receive marketing e-mail from Intuit that this election applies only to promotional materials. You will continue to receive critical notifications that could affect your service or software.

(deluxe)

2. Wow.. thats dumb.. I like QQL.. unlimited symbols, and I could have it open on both of my machines at the same time..

I left esignal to come to QQL.. I thought esignals symbol limit sucked.. Anyone care to rank the following?

Lycos Quote.com
    DtnIQ
    Esignal

3. Eldredge

Eldredge

I haven't received this notice yet :confused: . That's a bummer because I use their feed to run a worksheet I use every day. Where should I go that has DDL and comparable service?

4. grr... shit.

5. doher

doher

Quicken Quotes Live is being discontinued as of June 30.

We sent out e-mails yesterday evening to some of our customers to make sure the e-mails were working correctly. You should receive your e-mail announcing closure by the end of the day tomorrow.

The e-mail has a list of faqs regarding the closure and a link to e-signal, who is making an offer to Quicken Quotes Live subscribers who sign up on e-signal. If you have any further questions please reply.

Sincerely,
    Steve
    Quicken Quotes Live support.
    Please include previous messages with your response.

6. Thats what I use it for too.. I had a spreadsheet on one computer and my charts running on another.. Anyone know of another software that will let you login simultaneously on multiple computers from the same lan using a single IP? Esignal didn't and with esignals symbol limit.. well it sucks..

As far as DDE I think it is supported by Lycos and DTNIQ as well..

7. Dice2

Dice2

I am a loyal follower and have known nothing but QQL!:mad:

I gather from here that eSignal is not satisfying! So the specila they have for the deluxe QQL package at $35 [-68%] is not of interest?

Love to hear your thought on that... if it's worth $35 for eSignal QQL Equity 150 [or what ever they call that special :)

Peace.. Dice

8. wild

wild

9. QQL support:

can you give us the real reason you shut it down for ?
    probably to enough customers / losing business...

maybe we can "protest" -- and still avoid the shutdown ??

please post again.

10. Vishnu

Vishnu

obviously very upsetting.

Although I suppose I can research this forum for other choices can anyone here provide a quick summary of what the software choices are and pros and cons? I am a big QQL fan and I use CyberTrader for trades but I do not like CT's live quotes.

#10     May 22, 2002