Quick Reuters - Excel DDE link question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fiyahdave, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Hey guys,
    Have a friend who has a level 1 reuters feed at his office at an investment bank. He wants to set up a spreadsheet with some basic live fields in it (open, high, low, close, change, etc). He is clueless when it comes to this stuff but unfortunately I can't really help him because I have never used reuters. Is there a reference anywhere where I can either download a sample .xls files based on the Reuters formulas...or a user guide? He was telling me the help files within the quote software weren't much of a help to him. I've used AT and Real Tick to build sheets, but that's it. Any ideas would be helpful...thank you very much.

-Dave

2. Check in the directory on the computer where the Reuters software is installed just in case a dde sample file came with it. For Interactive Brokers there is a sample dde.xls file that comes with it and I also found a sample dde file when I downloaded visual trader. There may have been a sample dde file that came with your Reuters software which you could then modify for your needs.

Here is something written Reuters and dde:
    http://www.about.reuters.com/finsoft/communs/newsletters/Newsletter_26.pdf