Quick Reuters - Excel DDE link question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fiyahdave, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Hey guys,
    Have a friend who has a level 1 reuters feed at his office at an investment bank. He wants to set up a spreadsheet with some basic live fields in it (open, high, low, close, change, etc). He is clueless when it comes to this stuff but unfortunately I can't really help him because I have never used reuters. Is there a reference anywhere where I can either download a sample .xls files based on the Reuters formulas...or a user guide? He was telling me the help files within the quote software weren't much of a help to him. I've used AT and Real Tick to build sheets, but that's it. Any ideas would be helpful...thank you very much.

2. Check in the directory on the computer where the Reuters software is installed just in case a dde sample file came with it. For Interactive Brokers there is a sample dde.xls file that comes with it and I also found a sample dde file when I downloaded visual trader. There may have been a sample dde file that came with your Reuters software which you could then modify for your needs.

Here is something written Reuters and dde: