QUICK POLL: Which trading method do ET traders most rely on?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Xspurt, May 21, 2010.

Which method do you most rely on for your trading decisions

1. HFT Algo

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Statistics Bot

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. TA Bot

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. TA

35 vote(s)
    66.0%
  5. News

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. Fundamentals

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I recently did a poll (another location) concerning retail traders (traders that trade from home)...most use a combo of news, fundamentals, TA and Intuition.

Interesting...not one use one thing exclusively while completely ignoring everything else. Yet, the TA side was what they were mainly interested in talking about.

However, when I specifically asked those putting emphasis on TA...many were using TA without a trading plan or using it while still trying to develop a trading plan.

Mark

#11     May 21, 2010
  2. Yeah, unfortunately most of what goes under the name of TA is not developed into a methodology. It's as if TA is the methodology hence the poor trading plan application.

Having said that, for me a trading plan is a straight jacket. It's a bit like trying to teach someone to compose music by using rules. But to start with you sure need a trading plan until you can flow with the market, and very few ever get to understand what that means.

#12     May 21, 2010
  3. I forgot to add in Tape Reading and Lev 2. Interesting that no one mentioned this.

I'm surprised the TA vote is so high, including the Bot it's running around 70%.

#13     May 21, 2010
  4. final bump

#14     May 21, 2010
  5. Many thanks for the contributions, feel free to continue.

Interesting that the news traders didn't arrive until the US session began. The world is a big village and I was incorporating news many years back when in Europe.

#15     May 21, 2010