quick on routers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by janko, Jun 11, 2002.

1. janko

janko

hey guys, just wondering do IB users have any problems with different routers than 3com? i know if you use a netgear or link sys network card, IB has porblems with it. does the same thing apply to routers as well? or can i buy a netgear or link sys, or other router??? thnx a bunch

2. i use a 2WIRE router & a NETGEAR FAST SWITCH w/o any probs. chose the 2WIRE router because it had one of the bigger pipelines. (didn't want my data backin'up and slowing things down)

3. janko

janko

well im also looking for a wireless as well, i kinda narrowed it down to a link sys, and d-link. any thoughts on these two, as far as range and usability issues. thnx fellas.

4. nljones5

nljones5

I've been using a Linksys four port router for about two weeks. It was about as easy as pluging in a telephone and I've never had any problems with IB or any other sites., except IB is a little weird if I try to have it running on two computers at the same time.

5. nljones5

nljones5

Oops, sorry. I just realized you were talking about wireless. Haven't tried that.