Quick idea, if it doesnt work its cool.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Max E., Feb 9, 2018.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Hey Baron, i love the site and everything you do, so im not trying to second guess anything, but i thought of an idea you might be able to make work...... If you look at all the most popular members its all based on likes, do you think there is any way you could change the popularity menu so it was based on accurate trading callls? Im not sure how you could do that but it would be really cool...... no one cares who has the most likes in the PNR section....... it would be awesome if there was a way to make "likes" more prevalent based on the market info they provided.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Even make it so that likes in the PNR section dont count, and likes in the journal section count more....... it would be far easier to seperate the wheat from the chaff like that.

Just a thought man, i love this site.

Tom B likes this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I agree. Likes in the PNR and Chit Chat shouldn't count.

d08 and Max E. like this.
  4. Max E.

Max E.

I agree whole heartedly...... lol im one of the most well liked members......supposedly cause theres enough right wing members who "like
    my posts........

Pretty sure im actually one of the most unpopular d-bags on this site lol.

when i try to filter and look for the most popular members, i just end up with all the other right wingers..... lol, it doesnt make any sense..... i will lose my spot at the top of the popularity list........ but id love to be able to look for people based on tradiing acumen, as opposed to bomb throwing. This might be a tough task Baron, but i think it would make it better.

comagnum likes this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I recommend not paying too much attention to how many likes a poster has.

comagnum likes this.
  6. Interesting idea. It would be one thing to separate the "likes" between upstairs and the basement, or do away with the basement "likes" altogether. But it would be another to allow "likes" based on accurate market calls. In the latter case, Baron would need to tighten up the posting mechanism so that people couldn't make changes, and the time stamp would need to be spot on (which it may already be; I don't know). Otherwise, it wouldn't be meaningful.

Max E. likes this.
  7. rb7

rb7

That would be very difficult to implement.
    Baron would need to have a real-time feed on all listed product (stocks, options, futures, forex, etc) and a way to automatically follow the trading calls.
    And for this to work, trading calls would need to call the exit point, in real-time as well.

On top of that, a good trading call that make 1% vs another one that make 20%....no need to explain further.

8. I believe that's overthinking it. People can rely on their own real time data for verification purposes. If someone tries to fudge it, I have no doubt they would be called to account.

As for how much a trade makes, I think there's a fair amount of luck in that, more so than in timing a good, low-risk entry and then managing it for what it's worth. So I'm not sure how you would extract the horseshoe effect in that calculation from trade to trade. In any event, an improvement need not be perfect in order to be worthwhile. (If anything, the problem would be with the guys who make too many calls, only a very small proportion of which are modestly profitable. In that case, the relatively few "good" trades would be remembered with "likes," but the many bad trades would be forgotten because they cannot be "disliked" to offset.)

Max E. likes this.
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Agree-It's too much trouble. Baron doesn't have time to verify calls etc. --Just don't pay attention to likes if you don't want to. There are people who are auto thanking each other without even reading the postings. We know who those folks are and we can surely filter that out ourselves when viewing.

10. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah i might be going to deep with "Accurate trading calls" but you get the concept........ or maybe there could be a second like button that is solely dedicated to judging peoples trading knowledge........ i dont know but it seems like a good idea, it would be nice to be able to search people based on likes and not just hit everyone in the PNR forum. I like the idea of just making it so that likes in PNR and CHIT CHAT are meaningless, just eliminate the like button in those 2 forums.

#10     Feb 9, 2018