questrade prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jazzjackrabbit, Oct 3, 2008.

1. sbroker

sbroker

Hi ^^,

I'm interested to join questrade, are there any requirements?...I already applied 1 1/2 week ago but I did not get any answer...I prefer trading from an office because of human interaction...

thanks in advance...

#21     Oct 20, 2008
  2. jazzsax

jazzsax

Obviously the first requirement is being able to read. You'll notice they mentioned "Remote" is how they are doing things. FAIL on the first part for you!

#22     Oct 22, 2008
  3. sbroker

sbroker

thx for telling me why i failed, much appreciated...

#23     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Anyone have any experience with this firm?

Example:
    Is there significant moments in Downtime of software since all are remote?

Is there a community chat with other Questrade traders that is available?

#24     May 5, 2009
  5. jazzsax

jazzsax

Unfortunately I haven't heard much other than from one individual. Looking for more info from others on this one!

#25     May 5, 2009
  6. Doesn't seem very popular broker for prop traders?

#26     May 19, 2009
  7. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

I thought I would answer 2 questions that were posted earlier:

Is there significant moments in Downtime of software since all are remote? -
    Sterling has been a consistent platform with limited "downtime". Trading remote requires that your home/office connection is stable. Some of our traders have backup connections in case of outages from their provider but generally the single connections is adequate. Our group has access by phone to our prop desk during "downtime" to take care of open/live/pending positions.

Is there a community chat with other Questrade traders that is available? -
    We discuss trading ideas throughout the day. Things that are moving, industries that are more active one day over another, trading styles etc. Most of our traders like to be left alone to trade their strengths and we facilitate this style.

Regards,
    Barry
    Questrade Proprietary Trading

#27     Jun 10, 2009
  8. l2tradr

l2tradr

Just curious, why don't you post your rates, commissions, BP, deposit required, payout splits etc. on this site? Do you tailor it depending on a trader's style or pretty much a "standard" response such as 70% payout, $250 platform fee, ECN rebates/passthrough and 10:1 BP?

Thanks for your time.

#28     Jun 10, 2009
  9. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

l2tradr,

There is a standard structure for traders.

The rates are not listed directly as rates change. (Both up and down- it is true...they have been moved down!!) It is difficult to ensure the most recent structure is the one people are seeing. This is generally why there are no price postings on the site from any groups.

As a note. Traders currently with us only have their rates adjusted to more closely fit their trading style to make both parties more profitable.

Regards,
    Barry

#29     Jun 11, 2009