questrade prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jazzjackrabbit, Oct 3, 2008.

1. They are a Canadian firm...
    So cannot even offer Portfolio Margining.

The 10:1 is just a sales pitch...
    In reality you will get half of that or less.

#11     Oct 11, 2008
  2. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Questrade continues to offer proprietary trading.

10:1 leverage is a starting point so new traders don't explode themselves. Especially in these volatile markets. Experienced traders with proof of profitable consistent trading will start higher.

We trade with the Sterling Pro platform.

Contact us to speak directly as posting rates directly is not accepted. http://www.questrade.com/trading/trading_proprietary.aspx

I must also advise that listening to random people posting their "thoughts" about trading groups is quite misleading.

Regards,

#12     Oct 11, 2008
  3. lol, if you don't want us to post our "thoughts" (whoever you are), why don't you say if Questrade has any training?

#13     Oct 11, 2008
  4. sbroker

sbroker

i've sent them an email a week ago...so far, no answer...

#14     Oct 18, 2008
  5. Oh well. Thanks for trying. (You were talking about asking them about training right?)

#15     Oct 18, 2008
  6. sbroker

sbroker

well, not really about training, hoped to get an interview...i'm trying to enter the prop trader world, currently i'm a stock/options broker with a retail brokerage house...

but i'll try again:)...

#16     Oct 18, 2008
  7. teck

teck

Guys you need to be a top performer before you get into prop you need to have done exhaustive testing of your edge find your win ratio over many 100 trade samplings on paper .If you get into prop thinking they will train you to make it your asking to get taken for thousands of dollars for nothing. These people who promise you youll make money from their "training"cant make money with these methods themselves .... so what is it worth? Get smart get experienced then profitable then get huge leverage not before.

#17     Oct 18, 2008
  8. I want to get into prop to fine tune my trading. I got to a point where I'm calm enough to trade, I know what styles I want to trade...

Actually, if you have to put down a few thousand deposit to trade with a lot more and less commission and the ability to work and talk with other traders, I won't hesitate.

I'm just waiting a while because I'm working on paper trading a new method. (This of course is after I did some real trading with various trading styles.)

EDIT: You know, there are many things I find wrong with that post. And it's mainly because I believe there are many assumptiosn that you make that I disagree with. In any case, I can tell you according to John Carter in Mastering the Trade, not every trader in a prop firm is a great trader. My real answer to your post would be very long.

#18     Oct 18, 2008
  9. teck

teck

Hey
    Sounds like your on the right track and yes your going to have to put down a deposit , what you probably need most is a decent chat room with other traders willing to talk and exchange ideas . Im not sure were you get the idea i think all prop traders are great traders most are desperate stressed out people...lol

#19     Oct 19, 2008
  10. I use Questrade. They offer the Sterling platform with integration to esignal. They have a promotion they are running where I get my esignal for free. I have to place a certain number of traders each month for the free esignal. The charts are great.

#20     Oct 20, 2008