Queston about IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by huby, May 17, 2001.

1. tradeRX

tradeRX

Do like they say, reinstall the Java program. Solved my TWS problem in about 2 minutes.

#21     Jun 18, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

kicking,
    if you are using netscape, you will need a different plug-in. This probably is not your problem. The help desk in HK has only heard of something like this when the screen was maximized. If you maximize, you need to minimize before trying to change the size. If none of this helps, try logging into a chat if you are on line now and the help desk may provide a few more ideas. At worst, they can get some more details and forward to a techie.

#22     Jun 18, 2001
  3. I gave it another try later today and I was able to resize TWS this time. Note that I couldn't even minimize before. I moved the window and then reduced size, then min./ max. button started working. Before they were like disabled. Thanks for your help guys I guess this was a temporary problem, like this weekend when I could not launch the application.

#23     Jun 19, 2001
  4. def

def Sponsor

kicking,
    also beware that you will not be able to start the software during system resets (typically over midnight) which run for about an hour. Over weekends system upgrades and maintenance may also take place and thus you will not be able login from time to time when the markets are closed.

#24     Jun 19, 2001