Questions Regarding Market Maker Tactics

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SL4CEO, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

Why not log on to SL4 and discover the truth???
    Oh, but then the firms you represent and the true intent of your posts would be documented.........
    Prove me wrong..........
    Email us mauro@sl4trader.com
    Either way you well know what this platform represents....and that is what you fear...........
    Come see us on Wall Street and view on real traders with real money trades.......
    Can you afford the trip?

#31     Dec 20, 2001
  2. mskl

mskl

perhaps you should try the used car lot

#32     Dec 20, 2001
  3. dkamp

dkamp Guest

Hi DAT: I largely agree with you, being more interested in real info than the technobabble. However, I did recently work with an unrelated company involved with similar "information warfare", and we ended up writing the same kind of stuff whenever asked to "describe all we do in 1 paragraph". For example, the following line from their site,

"SP4 is the mathematical, scientific, statistical, probability, and neuro-analytical profiling surveillance of the market's most prominent, pervasive, decisive and evasive forces."

is surely technobabble, but it may also be completely true, and I largely understand what it means. Anyway, enough of us are poking around SL4 now that we will surely discover the truth before long.

-----
    SL4CEO: I can't recall now, but did you or xcowboy say that you did NOT provide any sort of API that would allow your signals to work with automated trading (or to be post-processed in any other way)? If so, was there a reason for that? Am also still curious what the system (that we'll never see) looks like that you're using for trading FX at night (in very general terms, including what kinds of human interaction is required). Thanks.

#33     Dec 20, 2001
  4. Good point. He's got all the markings...

1)Avoids issues/questions posed (can't answer questions about secrets...)
    2)Continually repeats his points hoping that we will be too distracted by his words to realize that he's just hyping nothing.
    3)Hype, Hype, and more Hype

#34     Dec 20, 2001
  5. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

Try the FREE demo by emailing mauro@sl4trader.com
    or is the $12 in exchange fees to steep?

Too many teenagers are being let into this chatroom....

TRUTH DOES NEED TO BE SOLD>>>>>>>>>>

HOWEVER IGNORANCE AS YOU ARE EXHIBITING BY NOT SEEING THE LIVE DEMONSTRATION, IS FREE.........

I am ready for a war.....you can freely view my technical and intelligence superiority.....where is yours???

#35     Dec 20, 2001
  6. Does anyone get the feeling that they're listening to someone selling amway?

If you wanted to make us look at your product you have already done that. We will continue to look at it until we have made up our minds. But for heavens sake, stop telling us how awesome your product is, it is really a turn off! Stop wasting your/our time...

War? superiority? My superiority is easily seen in the fact that I am a cautious and thoughtful consumer... of which you have very little tolerance...like most scam artists.

And as for your continual psychobabble: the word is "intellectual" not "intelligence" when used in that context.

#36     Dec 21, 2001
  7. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

I agree with you 100% DATTrader.
    Also, when you go to his website prepare to be annoyed. Upon entering the website you instantly hear their spokesman flaunting their product... and once you hear it once you don't want to hear it EVERY time you go to their main page!

Is anyone else annoyed by their excessive use of capslock?

Their entire website design really has issues. They first of all shouldn't be using the color Black... they should be using light colors with white as a background... dark colors like black have been out since 1997....
    They truly did not spend much money on website design OR development... I found an open directory where I was able to browse/view all of its contents...I tried again later and was unsuccessful. (it may have been just a glitch)

Not to mention the runtime errors...POP UP WINDOWS and dead links!

What about their incredibly ODD use of 4 Domain Names??? I find that to be completely unprofessional (since I am a computer science geek). Has anyone else been wondering WHY they have to have more than one website? After all, if they're trying to get their website name out there they shouldn't be confusing the consuming public with different domain names to remember... I keep finding more names all the time... I think my last tally was 6+

Additionally, why do they need two websites with different designs?... more confusion... illusion... etc.

I'm not making any accusations, but I will have to be very wary of this guy... I will be taking a look at the demo.

Doesn't anyone else find this to be extremely odd???
    Thankyou for the interior design critique........
    I will mention your name to the show producer at Home and Garden TV Show...........
    Black is out.....well!!!!
    What pastel shade do you prefer?
    You call yourself a computer science geek........
    My people don't call themselves computer science geeks....
    They learned their skills through a vast array of intense real-time battle proven experince on Wall Street and via professional high-level accreditations...........
    Nevertheless, I will hire as our own maual link tester.....
    Why so many domains geek?
    Well I guess I wasn't privy to that new super-ruling which doesnot allow you to regsister other domain names?
    Maybe you might want to add that SPECTRE LEVEL IV is always SPECTRE LEVEL IV and not private labeled EVER.....despite some of the firms here requests to private label years of incredibly hard work as their own.......we refused............
    So I am intrigued......what is so sspicious about allowig licenors of SL4 to display it on their own sites???
    Do you suggest that we cannot tell you what platform we operte on??? and guess???
    This industry is terrified of this technology.........
    I am thoroughly enjoying this banter back-and-forth as it clearly depicts how very vulnerable firms are reflecive of the me-too platform environments out there?
    SPECTRE LEVEL IV is a shocker.....so be it?
    You can't top technology and the traders right to know.......
    Oh one oter thing...you suggest we are trying to confuse the customer by different domain names...........
    What an incredibly desperate comment on your part......
    So SL4 is not SL4 is not SL4??????????????
    So letssee now......according to your invincible logic a customer will most likely believe that SL4 described on one website by one licensor isnot SL4 portrayed with thesame screen shots, webex, and tutorials on another website.....
    AND YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS A COMPUTER.SCIENTIST.....
    NASA we have a problem................
    Logic not paranoia wins the game............
    ESPECIALLY IN TRADING...................
    As I tell clients.....I think you better go back into SIMULATION MODE..................................

#37     Dec 21, 2001
  8. As I said, a comedian. My favorite bit of spam from this guy comes from Usenet though. Go to google groups and search for the keyword spectrenet. Here's a link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=spectrenet&hl=en

this exchange is my favorite, notice the by now familiar style and the '--' notation.

KatieHorn (katiehorn@aol.com)

I just came across this amazing service -- basically, what the subject is!
    Check out www.spectrenet.com/histlev2

Seems like this lowers the bar again for what information the public can have
    access to!

Message 2 in thread

More spam...

Message 3 in thread

Dear Cal Learner,

I'm confused by the meaning of your antagonistic response to my innocent
    email?! I just came across this site and thought it was neat. I don't submit
    much to this newsgroup, so if I feel I can contribute something helpful once in
    a while I take the opportunity to do say -- and it shocks me that some creep
    such as yourself would try and make me feel guilty for it. What does it mean
    for you to say "more spam"? It is nice to see that an individual such as
    yourself has nothing better to do with his time than to insult innocent
    people's informative posts.

If I insulted your innocent post, that would be bad. But I don't
    think so.

After further review, I am confident that you are no lady; you are a spammer in drag.

Message 5 in thread

So I posted a request for more information to like 2 newsgroups in one day and
    I'm a spammer.. I'm trying to learn more about the markets -- just like
    everyone else here (except for, obviously, yourself). Whatever might be your
    schtick, take it back to the gutter where you grew up.

I understand your disgusting type of character -- you are one of those sick
    child molestors and woman abusers who tries to start fights -- go back to the
    rock you crawled out from. ANYONE who uses such FOWL language in a public news
    group as YOU did deserves to be SHOT. Even if any of the crap you were saying
    could be true, I guess it's okay to say such VULGARITIES in a public forum.
    Tell your family I send my regards to you mud-pit you slithered from.

lol

voodoo

#38     Dec 21, 2001
  9. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

War? superiority? My superiority is easily seen in the fact that I am a cautious and thoughtful consumer... of which you have very little tolerance...like most scam artists.

And as for your continual psychobabble: the word is "intellectual" not "intelligence" when used in that context.
    Now now little stockapprentice don't contradict yourself and lose credibility.........
    I was so enjoying my reflection of my debate team days of30+ years ago........
    You are truthful in the fact that you are a CONSUMER
    NOT A PROFESSIONAL TRADER.........
    Remember in the time that you atempt to slander us you could hav downloaded the LIVE system and within 5 minutes flat you will be revealed the truth........
    FREE......
    But of course your plan is better.......
    SLANDER.......
    SPREAD RUMORS, PARANOIA, HYSTERIA, AND IRRATIONALITY......
    I certainly have no doubt that this will be of critical asistance to you in the market tomorrow morning..............
    So yes indeed do access the fre trial by emailing mauro@sl4trader.com
    So that when you find out how very wrong you were........
    I can disconnect your service and have you come face-to-face with the many traders who will be permssioned SL4.......
    Oh, yes.....HAVE A NICE NIGHT:)

#39     Dec 21, 2001
  10. dkamp

dkamp Guest

(Reposting this since it looks like you missed it.)

SL4CEO: I can't recall now, but did you or xcowboy say that you did NOT provide any sort of API that would allow your signals to work with automated trading (or to be post-processed in any other way)? If so, was there a reason for that? Am also still curious what the system (the part we'll never see) looks like that you're using for trading FX at night (in very general terms, including what kinds of human interaction is required). Thanks.

#40     Dec 21, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.