questions on TS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by richardyu301, Dec 13, 2005.

1. I am using eSignal and considering to switch to TS due to its new cost structure.

My eSignal system consists of below charts and they will communicate with each other to generate signals. I just want to confirm whether the same thing can be done in TS or not.

My charts:
    i) 10min chart in RTH session (9:30-16:15)
    ii) 10min chart in 24 hours session
    iii) 30min chart
    iv) daily chart
    v) weekly chart

My main concerns are:
    1) does TS allow me to hv the charts communicate with each other (thru global variable or other way)?
    2) can I hv 2 10min charts (i and ii) of the same symbol and they can set global variable independently?

thx

2. TwoWheels

TwoWheels

Yes, you can do it. You'll have to dig a little. There is an add on called GlobalVariable.dll which will do what you need. There is also an add on called ADE (All-Data-Everywhere) which was contributed by a generous member of the user community. Once you've subscribed to TS, start reading the discussion forums.

Using TS has been a love/hate relationship for me. I've used it for about 4 years now. A lot of annoying shortcomings in their EasyLanguage programming capability. You'll just have to try it to see if it can meet your needs.