Questions How to Get Started Trading with Probabilities

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BobbiDigital, Mar 18, 2013.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

I trade futures, so I can test setups through a longer session than the normal US stock trading session of 6 1/2 hours. The start of the European session provides enough price movement to test tactics during that time as well.

Keep in mind I'm a scalper, I rarely hold through retraces, so the market offers many opportunities daily.

I only have two core setups in my trading plan at this time.

That doesn't mean I don't trade other setups, I just haven't done enough research on the other ones to be able to tell you what the probabilities for them are other than "good".

#41     Mar 20, 2013
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Why have you used a normal distribution as your assumption?

#42     Mar 21, 2013
  3. Visaria

Visaria

I refer you to NoDoji's 1st post in this thread. You need to do some thinking and do some work (as we all do)!

#43     Mar 21, 2013
  4. panzerman

panzerman

It makes the math simple and tractable. Also, to calculate prices below the current price, use negative standard deviations. For example, to have a 90% probability of staying above a given result, use -1.27 std dev.

Warning: If you trade under the assumption of a pure Gaussian return distribution, sooner or later you will get your head handed to you.

#44     Mar 21, 2013
  5. cornix

cornix

Pattern recognition. Try to notice recurring behavior patterns of a chosen market(s). Then as you think you noticed something, test them, first back test, then forward test with different parameters to see if your assumption confirmed or disproved.

If confirmed, collect stats for all nuances of this pattern and construct trading system on that base.

Done. :D

#45     Mar 21, 2013

6. Amen.

So it all turns out to be set theory.

Dodd and Granville implied the paradigm as Dow thought up informing people with groups of stocks. Thus indexes.

Keynes supplied the paradigm theory. we got the Hypothesis Set and it is complete. From there of all things vectors became the Parametric Measure.

Sub tending this bulwark came the way to deal with the market variable non continuous functions. Check Mate for having Christmas every day. We thank Carnap for logic theory and Boole for his Algebra.

Independent variable has 11 elements all defined by math.

the independent variable drives the dependent variable which is used to make money in the form of price.

Making money is defined as price delta.

Price has 10 cases and they are NOT how trading signals are generated. Price "gates" and "kills" measurements (signals) on the independent variable indicator.

trends have three parts: end , middle, end.

MADA allows the mental routine to take laps and do Bar-By-Bar.

It replaces the betting and hoping of CW's fighter pilot OODA bullshit. Intuition is the weak sister of betting and hope.

The mind works with the senses to deduce.

eyes do: space, shapes, and movement of shapes.

the mind is built to have FULLY differentiated inference (long term memory) As in all endeavors this is done with PURPOSEFUL learning. reading is an example.

trading has three alphabets. 10 characters for price, 11 characters for volume and 35 in 10 subsets for End Effects.

56 characters like letters of the alphabet.

trends have middles and the V and P characters form "words".

But there is just one basic word called "The Pattern".

It gets done or it gets violated.

QED.

Right now we see the 16 drills not being done.

#46     Mar 21, 2013
  7. If you have time, could you elaborate on the depression context. Now that we have traded above pt 1 on the indexes, where does that leave us in the big picture? Is the inverted saucer no longer in play and instead of a depression, are we entering a period similiar to the 70s...stagflation? TIA

#47     Mar 21, 2013
  8. LOL ..

Hi

I prepared my speech before open today. I was up in a B 17 on Sunday so I did check on the German exports (down 50% for near future.) and we continue to do buy backs to keep our debt market in operation. Nice tightrope.

Thanks for asking.

We are in a lat now (intraday) so I will follow up thoughtfully later.

I do the TA and I have to take this into account. There is no fudging.

My plan is to nail the next two quarters and be in cash or tangible non market values (3 homes, boat, etc).

I'll do a paper since we have a new number.

#48     Mar 21, 2013
  9. Visaria

Visaria

Just put him on ignore and then you don't have to read his posts.

Simple.

Edit: please stop quoting him as well.

#49     Mar 21, 2013
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Jack is welcome to start his own thread where he may post bar by bar trading, and those interested can ask him questions. But this thread is a discussion about trading with probabilities so let's please stick to the topic. Thanks.

#50     Mar 23, 2013