Questions from a Newb

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jfallon, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ms, you're right about the ML :D Btw, test drive the new Lexus LX470 before dropping $90K on the G.

-FastTrader

#21     Oct 7, 2003
  2. jfallon

jfallon

4 pages of replys and surprisingly few of them have much to do with what I was asking. <sigh> I didn't even want a mercedes, I wanted some extra income. :)

#22     Oct 7, 2003

3. to directly answer your question:

DO NOT BUY PENNY STOCKS, learn about the market at www.clearstation.com , here, www.stockcharts.com , read market wizards by schwager and winner take all by gallacher. if you are still interested in the market, open an account and give it a try !

best,

surfer

#23     Oct 7, 2003
  4. jfallon

How come your not asking your friend these questions...

especially since he's profitable enough to buy a Mercedez or eqivalent in price in about a few weeks ???

Simply...you already know a profitable trader (in person) that trades small dollar stocks...

why not corner and absorb as much as you can possibly can from him ???

To answer your question if this is possible to make this kind'uv money in such a short time period...

your friend is your answer as gms has already said in his reply to you.

If you doubt what your friend saids...ask him to provide you with some stock picks...

judge him like you would any other stock picking website to determine if you want to trade his advice.

If his stock picks sucks...then you'll know you can't rely on what your friend tells you for extra income.

P.S. I'm not being sarcastic with my reply above.

I just find it odd you know somebody in person making big dough in short periods of time, verified via that person buying a Mercedez that you can see with your own two eyes...

If he saids he's getting his trade signals from the local tarot card lady...

go see her :)

NihabaAshi

#24     Oct 7, 2003
  5. Hawker

Hawker

My Friend,

How you surely realized fellows are making fun of you. Its not we're bad envy people is just because you're approaching to trading from the wrong side. Its like to wish to become a pilot for the uniform .

You'll be able to buy, cars , houses, boats or even planes , for real , ( ...you can lose everything and more , also ) but first things first : Learn the Business. That gonna cost you time, money and lots of hard work. The following is a quote I posted in another thread some time ago :

If you really want to take the trading business seriously there's a huge homework you have to do. We must learn and understand the business before we even dream of placing the first trade. Don't be intimidated , trading as any other business has its rules. You can read 50 trading books but it won't help much.Study 3 good books and you can start answering some questions. So don't read books, Study Books. This site is a very good place to start looking for some answers. You can find here a lot of information regarding books , software, brokerage services etc.Try to keep focused in your goal of markets understanding first, don't rush or pushing yourself to ride the trading excitement wave.Take your time and dedication. Keep in mind that you have to crawl before you can walk. This is not Nintendo or Xbox stuff where you lose nothing more than a bet with yours friends . Trading is a serious craft where you can lose heavy cash quickly. So don't throw away your money .Prepare yourself as good as you can and be ready and willing to pay for your tuition as part of the learning process. There's a long list of books out there , personally I think every book has some value, however not all the trading books are good books to start. Just to crank your engines look for some written on psychology of trading in the first place because that's the most important issue in trading . For beginners there's a book on the Getting Started series : Getting Started in Online Day Trading by Kassandra Bentley although is a very simple book it can give you some initial ideas about the trading matter.You can hit also the classic Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, and the Dr.Alexander Elder books : Trading for a Living and Come into My Trading Room. John Murphy book Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets is a good classic book in the technicals and Technical Analysis of the Stock Trends by Edwards & Magee as well . Those gonna keep you busy for a while and out of trouble . As other replies say : Do your research ,Do your homework .

Good Luck !!

#25     Oct 7, 2003
  6. Momento

Momento

That's a decent car my friend. If you 'chip' the 1.8T, you will be amazed by the power!

(I chipped my old one before) :cool:

#26     Oct 7, 2003
  7. Momento

Momento

Are G55 more common than the H2 in the US?
    Either one will be the solution to our rough winters no doubt!:(

#27     Oct 7, 2003
  8. H2's are freakin everywhere now. I don't see many G's tho.

-FastTrader

#28     Oct 7, 2003
  9. Think about making exceptional returns from that angle - everyone, I mean everyone, out there wants the same returns as you and the guys that can make them will take the money out of your pocket. Its like you want to sit on the table and play poker (yes, poker is pretty close to trading) against the whole world and take away their money. Let me put it another way - exceptional returns require exceptional skills or luck.

Now you decide - are you willing to pay to find out if you are an exceptional person by playing against other traders or you will rely on luck? I bet there are people that bought a Ferrari from the lottery but that would be luck, not skill. Their money came from the pockets of the not so lucky persons.

All I am trying to say is that you must not mistake luck for skill... Sure you can double your money in one night (I can tell you how) but if you keep trying to double it every night, you gonna blow out!

It took me about six months of everyday reading, at least six hours a day, to prepare for real trading, and thanks to that since I started trading my equity never fell below my starting capital. But I might be lucky or exceptional - I am ready to pay to find out !!!

#29     Oct 8, 2003

10. Nice...I was thinking about that. How much how much extra HP will it deliver? I almost went with the VR6 but the 1.8 is 200lbs lighter(and so was the insurance bill)...and lets face it they are both pocket rockets...got the tornado red with black leather and manual of course.

And just to keep this on topic...RUN FAR FAR AWAY FROM BB OR PINK SHEETS!!!!! As I have heard a wise trader say =

"Remember this if you want to trade BB or pinks.....out of 10k companies listed 9k are a scam and just want your money....900 are trying really hard to build a solid business and 100 are actually worth buying"

#30     Oct 8, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.