Questions from a Futures noob

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by IronFist, Sep 27, 2007.

1. I know someone that went with Amp. The quote sheet said it was around 4.50 a trade but he got charged around $8.

Amp and Mirus are basically introducing brokers or commissioned sales people for Dorman Trading. Always found something shady about them.

#11     Sep 29, 2007
  2. I've been using Amp/Dorman for about a year. Zero problems...about $4.80 RT per contract. Using NinjaTrader/Zen-Fire. You can use NinjaTrader simulator for as long as you like without opening an account. Just talk to a broker and they'll hook you up with passwords.

MDT

#12     Sep 29, 2007
  3. If your looking or a real time futures trading simulator I love the Infinity Brokerage one. They'll send you for FREE.
    See:
    http://www.infinityfutures.com/demoforms/IATdemo.aspx?ref=PTIC

Its real time and has pessimistic fills. Their real platform is the exact same so its easy to transition over to it. If you need more personal help give them a call and talk to Dean at 800-798-2839

--Cajun (ps not getting a kickback! hehe)

#13     Oct 1, 2007
  4. <i>"Amp and Mirus are basically introducing brokers or commissioned sales people for Dorman Trading. Always found something shady about them."</i>

Likewise, I'm always amused when IB clients are complaining about outages and back-office issues while I'm enjoying seamless conectivity and excellent trade-desk help less than two phone rings away at any time.

Bigger isn't better. More efficiency than IB offers is better.

#14     Oct 1, 2007
  5. paden

paden

Austinp

Who do you use for futures trading?

#15     Oct 7, 2007
  6. SEE COMMENTS ABOVE

Gotta say I have never tried anyone else but see no need to. They are getting better everyday.

Awesome streaming charts, virtual trader, educational stuff, $5.61 commissions on futures, low margin requirements with no day trading rules... all this for FREE.

I don't work there but I do love them.

#16     Oct 8, 2007
  7. Bankster

Bankster

I second the vote for transact. very fast indeed!

#17     Oct 19, 2007