Questions for Rearden Metal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FaderTrader, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Yep. That was my turning point as well.

#31     Dec 23, 2007
  2. I know in the US Military it's 8 total for the sign up, generally 4 active, 4 inactive, subject to recall....after that you're good to go.

Sometimes, your active period is longer (up to 6) based on your MOS.....but then you'd only have 2 inactive reserve...

Officers are different, they are subject to recall until age 60 I believe, of course, they can also resign any time they want to, so they still aren't necessarily subject to recall if you want to get technical...

#32     Dec 23, 2007
  3. I agree with the first poster who talked about the fine print. You never know what they will pull out.

During the start of Gulf War II, i.e. a few years back, a friend who was coming up on fulfilling his 8 year commitment got called up. The interesting thing is he got called up a few days after fulfilling the commitment. The paperwork must have been delayed or something. According to the way he read it as well as legal advice from the military legal office at the base he was working for as a civilian contractor, he had to report.

He reports to Georgia, goes through all the motions and simultaneously has people research his situation. Turns out he was right and the gov't was wrong. They let him go. Think about it. What can be more clear than a calendar demonstrating that you have completed your commitment? But that wasn't enough. He was given legal advice that he had to report, he reported, and had he not pursued the matter he would have been in Iraq. He was lucky that nothing pressing occurred that would have deployed him much sooner.

In any event, just an FYI when you think you can depend upon the gov't to follow the contract you signed: you can't.

Just like the 401K, Roth IRA, etc etc. You know darn well that those funds will be taxed to death with newly created retirement exit taxes in the next 15 - 20 years.

#33     Dec 29, 2007
  4. Rearden

I think any person in good health who is unwilling to serve their country is a coward.

In my opinion if you enjoy the protection of this country and all the benefits of citizenship, you're obligated to give something back, and it should be something a little more substantial than being a drug addict.

I think it is typical of some to talk smack about how they don't want to serve because they don't want to take orders from people "less intelligent" than they are. What a load of crap. Based on your posts, it seems to me that your level of intelligence should allow you to fit right in.

Rearden, you don't want to serve here and you don't want to serve out your obligation in Israel. Perhaps this is typical of a drug addict I don't know. The only thing you seem to WANT to do is shit on others and act like its some kind of achievement. I would bet that the Israelis feel as I do and have "suggested" that you don't return. You family must be very proud of you.

Also, I am inclined to think that your description of your so-called accomplishments here is bullshit. Fortunately for you, people have given you a pass believing that the ability to make money is more important than character. I am not one of them.

As you can see I am not going away. Every time you offer this self serving bullshit to people at ET, I am going to have something to say about it.

Your dismissed

#34     Dec 30, 2007
  5. Steve46,

In the interest of fairness could you detail your military service?

#35     Dec 30, 2007
  6. #36     Dec 30, 2007
  7. Rowshan, everyone here knows what an asshole you are

Nobody with any sense gives a shit what you think. What we do know is that you are a slinking little bastard who only shows up if you think you can get cheap shot in without getting hurt yourself.

Red Duke, I served in the Navy. Now in the interest of "fairness" I would like to know where YOU served.

Oh and by the way Rowshan, you seem to be able to find that link with no problem at all, but you never seem to find this one (below) even though it was post over and over again..
    -----------------------------------
    Here is the link

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...ler#post1241252

As you can see the report was written on 10/26/2006...

This means that the report 2cents posted is out of date, and the new information means that UNIDENTIFIED REMAINS EXIST...

THEREFORE UNTIL A PERSONS REMAINS ARE UNIDENTIFIED THEY CAN'T BE PUT ON A LIST...BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE...........finally in the report she states that a significant number of folks were never found or identified....

Now I realize that 2cents has a low, very low IQ...no prob, I have explained several times slowly so even a moron could understand...and what has happened is that no one except
    this asshole, Ghostzapper and Joab have failed to understand

So the real question is, if you can read and understand English and you know that 2006 comes AFTER 2004, then what kind of moron would repeatedly publish the link that proves him a liar..

Busted again, and again and again...you dumb shit...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now what kind of fucking asshole continues to spread lies KNOWING that eventually they are going to get caught?

Well assholes like Rowshan apparently.....

and what kind of asshole would fail to apologize for their mistake after insinuating that I lied about my family's loss. Well assholes like Rearden apparently.......

There you go Rowshan you pathetic asshole, lets see how you get out of this, you prick.

--------------------------

So folks, what you can see is that there is more than one kind of cowardice, but that they are related....in the sense that if a person has no character and is a coward, it is likely that they are willing to do or say ANYTHING in order to get attention. Doesn't matter who they hurt, or what they say, as long as they can stand up and get some applause, even if only for a moment...

Now I have spent more time with you assholes than you deserve and I am feeling like I need to take a shower. I will let you vicious little people wiggle around and make your excuses.

I am done here.

Steve

#37     Dec 30, 2007
  8. Steve, bad link.

#38     Dec 30, 2007
  9. I am not casting suspicion here, but I was under the impression that the "official" lists were vetted through a number of sources, to include fed and state govt, funeral homes and family members. IIRC, remains were not necessary to complete death records as so many were, pardon the expression, "vaporized" during the attack.

#39     Dec 30, 2007
  10. Hey Squid...it's "You're dismissed."

Sheesh...freaking Squids.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#40     Dec 30, 2007