Questions for Rearden Metal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FaderTrader, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Lethalsoul: No, thank YOU! :D

Saxon: ...because I'm an Israeli citizen too. Sure, I could have dodged the draft and escaped to the U.S... but then I'd probably never be allowed to set foot in Israel ever again. Besides, at age 18 I had a tendency to just do whatever the authority figures told me to do. (That attitude didn't last very long, out in the real world.)

Mahram: I wasn't a U.S. Marine, but rather an IDF Military Policeman. As long as I don't live in Israel (Brief visits are ok), they're not going to call me up. I will NEVER put that uniform back on again. What the military took from me, is far more than I had to give. Individualists like myself make lousy soldiers, as my five court-martials can attest.

#11     Jun 11, 2006
  2. yeah but you never know right. they could always bring out the fine print, or put out a law that makes them legally bring you back into the military. I have a few friends in the reserve, and know people who left the canadian military. I keep telling them, you think you left for good, but whats stopping them from quoting an obscure part of the contract or law, that allows them to reactivate you. There in their late 20's now. But once you hit your 30's and 40's it really hits home, b/c you have kids and a wife, a family. Its completely diffrent when your older.

#12     Jun 11, 2006
  3. saxon

saxon

ja...when I turned 18, I had to register for the draft here in the US. Fortunately, the war in Vietnam was all but over. But had I been called, sorry to say I probably would have gone...for the same reasons.

#13     Jun 12, 2006
  4. Great thread, as I was wondering the same things. Never seen anyone trade like that, especially intraday only, so naturally it made me extremely curious to see what was your psychological and professional "education."

My BIG question though has to do with your awareness of your depression, whether it was a life-long thing or circumstantial, if you feel you have always been excited by risk or if an experience triggered it like you alluded before, what led to you claiming depression almost killed you, and how on earth you came across suboxone. <i>Might</i> be a bit personal, I know, especially since you seem hounded by disturbed individuals.

I've been discussing the suboxone thing though with everyone I know, trying to get a sense of any consistent symptoms.

#14     Aug 8, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

RM, I have a Q for you. What kind of buying power do you use to get these returns ?

#15     Aug 9, 2006
  6. Just noticed this thread, not usually in the Chit Chat forum.

But yes, definitely exciting to read stories from more experienced traders and learn from their past.

Great stuff :cool:

Volente, I'm going to guess at least 10 million, but I'm probably wrong and it is probably more. Just a random guess. :)

#16     Aug 9, 2006
  7. <i>My BIG question though has to do with your awareness of your depression, whether it was a life-long thing or circumstantial</i>

----->It began, and got really bad during my military service.
    I was OK during my assent (1996-2000), but really bad again once the market got dull and stayed that way.

<i>and how on earth you came across suboxone.</i>

------> Thousands of hours of research. In order to recover, I had to become a better <i>doctor</i> than every single one of the M.D.'s who tried and failed to fix the problem. I was bound to stumble across it eventually. My big break came when I learned of the Bodkin Experiment.

There are some other questions above, which I'll have to decline to answer. No offense, of course.

#17     Aug 9, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Mr open has now become Mr secret so I guess we will never know, unless I decide to call by peeps at Echo.

#18     Aug 9, 2006
  9. Thanks for that, especially the Bodkin Experiment note. And yeah, after I wrote that I realized it was probably rude and presumptuous for an anonymous person to bring those questions up. Sorry about that..!

#19     Aug 10, 2006
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Ok, scratch the buying power ?.

I noticed form your blotter you are hitting SPY hard. Do you ever trade any S&P options or futures contracts ? You seem to have a damn good edge in SPY.

#20     Aug 10, 2006