Questions for ET QUANTS

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Jeffrey A., Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55061&perpage=6&pagenumber=3
    Hi Cosine,

What's market mechanics about? I'm interested in why and how prices would move up/ down/ sideways. Are they directly related? Any pointers would be nice. TIA.

#51     Jul 4, 2006
  2. Go fuck yourself. You sir are an ignorant prick. A lot of posts and no content. Challenging a person to post a P&L is an old trick. If your opinion were of any importance I might consider it. How many times have you posted yours? Perhaps you would offer us a link.

So basically here is how it lays out. You got your ass verbally kicked (again). You have nothing of substance to say on this subject (what a surprise) so you fall back on the old saw (post your trading record) as if that had anything to do with the subject at hand). Once again I believe it is appropriate to suggest that your parentage is in some way related to some species of nearsighted horny aborigine and kangaroo.

Let me know if you need clarification on any of these points. The math is quite simple and I am sure that eventually I can make it understandable to you.

Steve

#52     Jul 4, 2006

3. can you suggest anything "in a box" that would do the job? many traders/micro funds don't have the contacts or resources to build a team, so it seems that smart quant would fit this demographic.

thanks,

surf

#53     Jul 4, 2006
  4. #54     Jul 4, 2006
  5. two (2) trades. Oh my God!!!! Two trades. Well that makes all the difference. I am sorry. You have posted two (2) trades!!!

I am so embarrassed that I may pee my pants. How could I possibly match that? What will I do? I just don't know if I will be able to post (was it two?) no surely not. I will have to think about this a bit. I am stunned. What could anyone say to that.

TWO TRADES.....

Excuse me while I take some extra blood pressure medication.

I just don't know if I can match that.....in fact I think that I cannot

YOU WIN :)

#55     Jul 4, 2006
  6. I have posted many more over the years. I would be pleased to see a link to yours. In fact, I would be pleased to host a thread where you tell us how you trade. I would even pledge to enter into a civil rational dialogue with you on intraday index futures trading. A Pro-Am tournament for the general enlightenment of ET. Perhaps some disinterested person such as Nononsense could moderate.

#56     Jul 4, 2006
  7. I respond with conviction because

A. You are a walking putz

and

B. You are out of your friggin mind.

You just indicated that you posted two (2) trades. WTF?

Hunh? Who is monitoring this guy's medications?

The subject was quants....You have nothing more to say on that subject because you are (refer to item A).

The idea that posting two (2) trades means anything is comical. It would mean nothing if I did it, and it means less than nothing when you do it. So lets get this clear. You indicate in your posts that you are an educated person with degrees in "hard science" and you come back here with that weak shit (two posts). This is why people like myself have little patience with you and your useless commentary. Surely in the Australian Community College system someone must have informed you that there is no statistical significance to be obtained from two posts. You must be having a heat stroke stuck in the outback without your canteen, having to drink your own piss. Obviously you are starting to hallucinate. Wait right there and I will call an ambulance.

#57     Jul 4, 2006
  8. hi steve46

Man, it must be a drag for you to have to deal with all these morons, post after post, day after day. I for one am glad you are here to set them all straight.

#58     Jul 4, 2006
  9. #59     Jul 4, 2006
  10. steve46 and his aliases make ET a hostile place to visit. there are several top money managers who no longer post or read et due to his vitriol and schoolyard bully demeanor. it is indeed sad that a single aggressive, angry person could have such influence.

surf:mad:

#60     Jul 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.