Questions for ET QUANTS

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Jeffrey A., Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :D

#31     Jul 4, 2006
  2. Quants may in fact "do" maths, however when they "obtain degrees" from a college or university they get them in Mathematics (math).

Once again, please take a moment to THINK before you post.

and while you are at it look up the word "gauche", as I believe your photo is there.

Happy 4th

Steve

#32     Jul 4, 2006
  3. Obviously Steve, you don't know much if anything at all about them kwants.

Indeed you contributed a most profound statement with your: "Once again, please take a moment to THINK before you post".

#33     Jul 4, 2006
  4. Let us know again when one day you start trading (day time) with real money. :D

#34     Jul 4, 2006

5. little lefty stevey knows very little about anything he writes on et. we can only hope his engineering abilities exceed his market knowledge. what a parrot!

surf:p

#35     Jul 4, 2006
  6. Stevo, before this lamentable thread is consigned to C-C, I invite my friends here to list their degrees and accomplishments. I myself have two and a half, all in "hard" subjects. I authored an engineering textbook which is still in print 35 years on. I can joke about signal estimation and backtesting subtleties that a phony like you wouldn't even have the sophistication to recognize as jokes (or at least Joe Doaks can), and I can run rings around your ass on mismanagement insulting. Not that any of that makes a shit relative to the ability to read the tape, which our diatribes elesewhere proved that you DON'T have. Remember? V leads P? Yeah, like dick leads pussy!

#36     Jul 4, 2006
  7. True indeed! :)

#37     Jul 4, 2006
  8. He's our know-all on ET! :D

#38     Jul 4, 2006
  9. Most importantly, he often shows off the lack of intellect/ intelligence! :D

#39     Jul 4, 2006
  10. The good-natured insulting masks an important issue. Can the foolish, unquantish small lot retail trader (that would be me) survive, much less prosper? I haven't bothered to run the stats, but in NQ it seems to me that about half the volume is in trades of 50 cars or more. Feels like a mouse dodging dancing elephants. The only saving grace is that the elephants often seem to be dumber than I am. Maybe because they are salarymen? Or quants? Oh, and BTW, Stevo, post some execution reports and impress me. Otherwise you just look like all talk.

#40     Jul 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.