Questions for ECN traders..

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by dev, Dec 3, 2006.

1. dev

dev

I'm planning to start using Currenex in the next month or two, and would appreciate any comments from traders experienced on this platform - but in particular, I was wondering what experiences people have had with:

- joining or improving the bid/offer
    - automated trading

Joining the bid/offer:-
    There doesn't appear to be much written about this.
    As a rough estimate, what percentage of the time do you remain unfilled and the price moves on?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is this a reliable way to execute your strategy?

Does improving the bid/offer virtually assure your price gets hit?

Automation:-
    I'm probably going to opt for Tradebolt to automate my strategies from TS2000i. I would be interested to hear views from anyone already doing this, but any views you have on automation with Currenex are welcome.

tia
    dev

2. dev

dev

:( No replies, how curious.

Ack, no matter.

3. Moe27

Moe27

what broker or you using currenex with

4. dev

dev

Right now it's Man Singapore, although I'm looking at others too.

5. Cybren

Cybren

I actually have the same kind of questions.

Also I would like to add that if one improves bid or offer can all other traders that have acess through the same broker see and hit that?

Some ECN models are not 100% ECN in that you can be in front of the bid and you yourself can see it but other traders can not hit it e.g. one can only be hit by liquidity providers.

6. dev

dev

As far as I know, with Man Financial that is the case.

7. dev

dev

Well, that's that job fcuked. Tradebolt (http://www.tradebolt.com) have gone belly up.

With unbelievably bad timing.