Questions for Don Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Is this a joke question?

08/27/10 SEPT contract volume reported by the CME

big S&P 15,186
    emini S&P 2,540,284

Long past time to terminate the S&P pit and give us the big S&P on Globex RTH.

#41     Aug 28, 2010

2. What were those numbers 5 years ago ?

#42     Aug 28, 2010
  3. And what relevance are the numbers from 5 years ago ???

Just for fun here is the 08/26/05 SEPT contract volume reported by the CME

big S&P 26,992
    emini S&P 576,260

Even 5 years ago the emini was stomping all over the pit.

#43     Aug 29, 2010
  4. I will say I have no issues with slippage on the ES throughout the day. I trade the EC early in the day and have no slippage there either. Also with volume comes commission discounts which makes it competitive. I would love to get back to equities, and equity options, but so far I can do the same dollar wise in futures. It seems most equity firms aren't fond of simpleton equity traders who use options. Options require a whole new margin knowledge, and dollar commitment for the equity firms on the prop side.
    I will also say, and if Don or Mav want to say I'm lazy I won't argue, but I have no desire to study for the damn Series 7. I have sat down and read the material, but I'm making money so the desire to "prove myself" by taking some phony exam just isn't there. I am looking into this Bear Trading to have equity trading going with my futures work, but having a hard time getting info on who they are and if they are a solid firm. For me Bright and Mav's firm do offer a good reputation and they have no issue discussing it. That is worth something in the world of scams these days.

#44     Aug 29, 2010
  5. Well that will certainly be a shock to my brother when I pass this along, LOL.

Don

#45     Aug 30, 2010
  6. FORtraders who know how to use the ECNs to route orders and get liquidity rebates.......SPY is the way to go

#46     Aug 30, 2010