questions for christians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Mar 13, 2004.

1. 1) do you think a muslim suicide bomber gets 72 virgins when he blows himself up? if not, why? what do you think would be his response if you told him he was conditioned and his beliefs are not true?

2) if you were born in america and are a christian, do you think you'd still be a christian if you were born in iraq and raised by muslims? if not, what does that say about your christian beliefs?

2. 1. Do you think if you had been born in a tribal community in Brazil with no exposure to science, that you would be a scientist?

2. Do you think if you had been born in Africa in a small village that you would be trading anything but goats?

What does it say that your beliefs are nothing but a product of your environment?

3. jem

jem

Gordon there are many way to find out the truth. But you have to have the desire to look.

4. ART, answer my questions first and i may answer yours.

5. 1) do you think a muslim suicide bomber gets 72 virgins when he blows himself up?

I have no idea.

if not, why?

I simply have no idea.

what do you think would be his response if you told him he was conditioned and his beliefs are not true?

He might get quite angry, don't know. If he spoke English, maybe we could discuss it, but I would not tell him his beliefs were untrue, as I don't know that to be fact.

2) if you were born in america and are a christian, do you think you'd still be a christian if you were born in iraq and raised by muslims?

There are Christians in Iraq who were raised by Muslims and converted.

if not, what does that say about your christian beliefs?

I don't hold Christian beliefs as either true or untrue.

Now, I have answered your questions, answer mine.

6. 1) do you think a muslim suicide bomber gets 72 virgins when he blows himself up?

I have no idea.

if not, why?

I simply have no idea.

Lol! :D

Yeah, you have no idea...... riiiiight.

As if any sane person's response to this isn't "BUUUULSHIIIIIT"!

7. It says that your beliefs are nothing but a product of your environment.... up until the point you begin to examine those beliefs and discard those that seem unlikely to be true (or are simply logically false) and adopt beliefs that are more likely to be true (or logically shown to be true).

Amazing stuff this.

8. Turok

Turok

GG:
    >do you think a muslim suicide bomber gets 72
    >virgins when he blows himself up?

ART:
    >I have no idea.

Spect8or:
    >Lol!
    >
    >Yeah, you have no idea...... riiiiight.
    >
    >As if any sane person's response to this isn't "BUUUULSHIIIIIT"!

I find it no more insane to believe in the waiting virgins than to believe eternal life in heaven and streets of gold.

It's all about marketing and the desires of your target audience.

JB

9. >As if any sane person's response to this isn't "BUUUULSHIIIIIT"!

I find it no more insane to believe in the waiting virgins than to believe eternal life in heaven and streets of gold.

I do. I find it a lot more "insane".

Surely you don't believe that two beliefs that are likely to be false as equally as likely to be false, do you?

"Heaven" is more or less the same as "life after death"; at least that's the vague way it's described when christians are pressed a bit about it. I don't remember anything ever being said about "streets of gold" in my days as a christian.

Life after death and 72 virgins is quite specific, and a lot easier to "see through".

Get it?

10. For you to judge one belief against another, you must first conclude the first belief that you compare the second belief to is more reasonable or true.

On what basis can anyone evaluate the preference of one religious belief over another religious belief?

Only on the basis of their own adopted belief.

The only reasonable religious belief to hold in my opinion when it comes to alternative religious beliefs is not to judge other's and their religious beliefs.

I say I have no idea, because to have an idea, I would have to say I know first, and I don't.

The genuinely faithful are too busy practicing their own faith to waste time in the judgment of others and their respective belief systems.

#10     Mar 14, 2004