Questions about Tithing

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Math_Wiz, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Thom64

Thom64

Greetings,

Anyone promoting Tithing as an Israelite,must be prepared to live as a Levite,the receiver of the Tithe.

Any Christian promoting Tithing should have their head examined.Its an Old covenant message,never mentioned in the New Covenant.

God does not need your money,the poor need food and shelter,not BMW's for Pastors.

cordially Tom

#81     Jul 21, 2006
  2. murray t turtle,

I understand completely where you are coming from, even more so now.

Regarding your earlier posts, I was unaware that your questions were anything but rhetorical. Your style and manner of writing was such that I interpreted the occasional question I was able to discover to be rhetorical. In my defense, I would like to point out that it is quite difficult to read your posts and completely understand your intent.

I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to attack. As I mentioned earlier, if I have written something to offend you then I sincerely apologize.

#82     Jul 22, 2006
  3. fhl

fhl

You could read the whole thread instead of just chiming in. :)

One more thing. When the woman poured perfume that cost a whole years wages on Jesus, would you agree with Jesus that it was a good thing, or would you have been one of those on the side that complained that it was a waste and the money should have been given to the poor?

#83     Jul 22, 2006
  4. Thom64,

There is quite a lot to sift through here. For a well thought out, well written view on tithing read what fhl has posted, and for the same level of excellence against tithing (but not giving) read ddunbar.

My view? First and foremost read the bible and prayerfully consider what God's will in this matter is. Second, read up on various essays and books written on the tithe. If you are against the tithe, you should give special attention to books that are for the tithe, and vice versa. This is an excellent way to test that your beliefs for or against are well-thought out, well-reasoned and Christ centered. After all, if you begin to have doubts, solid doubts not momentary doubts, then your conclusions weren't very strong to begin with.

Finally, remember to treat your fellow brothers and sisters with respect and kindness. There is a way for us to "argue".

My conclusion after all of the above steps taken years ago (and reinforced even more now with this forum thread)? It is all about giving. I think it prudent to conclude here as to discuss amounts and to where it goes is something for God to lay on your heart.

#84     Jul 22, 2006