Questions about Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Seems to me that what happened here is that James Bond tried to nail hapaboy on a technicality and is getting schooled. It is obvious that the vast majority of non-Muslims who are travelling to Muslim countries are doing so to work and most likely send money home to their families. To suggest that non-Muslims emigrate to Muslim countries in the same numbers and for the same reasons that Muslims emigrate to the West is preposterous, and anyone suggesting this is misinformed at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.

Muslims who emigrate to non-Muslim countries are doing so either because they know that their best opportunities to make money are there, or they are sick of the tribalism of the country from which they originate.

#21     Sep 1, 2006
  2. your correct (all the way) but the reverse is not totally unheard of, as is the case for the Emirates and other similarly ultra-rich and (therefore?) open-minded little sheikhdoms... there is hope! and SEA muslim countries are another such example... life is far from unbearable in those places, v.v.far from, all the contrary in fact, and that applies to locals and foreigners alike... but thats a less well-known reality of course (and they generally have tough immigration & work visa regulations in place to protect their 'workers' but thats another story...)

#22     Sep 1, 2006
  3. Agreed - I've worked in Dubai myself, and it's a great place to be, if you're a Westerner. I did notice, though, that there are a lot of Indians working menial jobs there. I have a feeling that, as you imply, they are not being invited to become citizens.

#23     Sep 1, 2006

4. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/search/story.cfm?storyid=0001F9A3-87F1-14F5-B83283027AF1010F (One day old news; you never need to dig back far to find immigration madness)

Any country insane enough to do that probably has an immigration policty as insanely open as those of Australia or Canada.

#24     Sep 1, 2006
  5. Another point: Of the non-Muslim, resident foreigners working in Saudi Arabia, how many of them do so with the intent of STAYING there?

I'd wager very few. Many of them are Filipinos who, based on what I have read, work menial jobs for a couple of years and earn as much money as possible to send home and then leave. Their deplorable living conditions and maltreatment by their Saudi hosts are consistently documented by the media. I have also read accounts of Indian workers undergoing similar maltreatment, i.e. their contracts being changed upon arrival in SA via having to sign a form written in Arabic which either lowers their previously agreed to salary and/or lengthens the terms of their contract from two years to three or four.

Furthermore, in order to become a Saudi citizen, one must be Muslim.

In contrast, look at the Muslims who move to the US and Europe. Those that I have met wish to stay permanently, as they enjoy their newfound freedom and opportunities. They do not have to convert to Christianity to stay, their kids go to decent schools, they have a real opportunity to make a go of it and prosper above and beyond what they could accomplish in their native lands. This is the opportunity that awaits all immigrants into the US, not only Muslims.

The contrast between the two is as clear as night and day. If you are a Muslim, you have the opportunity to prosper in the US and the West and, if successful, will likely stay permanently.

If you are a non-Muslim who moves to a Muslim country, you are tolerated not welcomed, and your stay will most likely be short-term.

#25     Sep 1, 2006
  6. Those airport transit lounges are just great!!

#26     Sep 1, 2006
  7. reg

reg

Typical response from a moonbat who cannot come forward with a sensible and cohesive argument - resort to hate-filled language and personal insults.
    And all the while I thougt these liberal, left-wing pussies were so peace-loving and friendly. LMAO.

#27     Sep 1, 2006
  8. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

can you arrange the following words to make a well known phrase:

pot, kettle, calling, black, the

?

#28     Sep 1, 2006
  9. Which countries have you been to?

#29     Sep 1, 2006
  10. reg

reg

You must be referring to that time when I called you a dumb fuck.
    My apologies if you felt insulted, since that was not my intention at all.
    I was just stating a fact - a fact which I thought you were fully aware of.
    Again, my sincere apologies.
    Enjoy the holiday weekend and please give my regards to the family.

#30     Sep 1, 2006