Questions about IB's TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mss, Sep 23, 2008.

1. mss

mss

I have few issues with the current TWS that I would appreciate help on.

First, orders submitted by basket do not appear on my portfolio page. They do appear on the pending page and in the basket but it would be easier for me to keep track of orders on the portfolio page because then I know I am monitoring all my positions. Page-->settings-->show all orders seems to have no effect.

Second, (this second one applies to paper trader -- I don't know if it applies to regular TWS). I submit GTD orders with an appropriate expiration time using baskets. The baskets are correct and the orders after submitting are correct in TWS. Once they are executed, however, the GTD expiration time actually changes. Has anyone else had this experience and does anyone have a work-around?

Finally, using the paper trader I frequently get a message saying I have submitted too many orders even though I have submitted fewer than I have using my live TWS account. This is the case regardless of whether I use baskets or an API. Is the paper trader restricted in some way that regular accounts are not?

Thanks for any help.

MSS