Questions About Bloomberg

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tito, Apr 3, 2007.

1. tito

tito

I am currently a remote prop trader and have a few questions about Bloomberg for current/past users, namely:
    Would a Bloomberg user get stock news a lot faster than hearing it on Trade the News or any such similar service? For example, JTX had negative news come out at 14:10 on Newsstrike and Trade the News, but the stock was already down almost 1.5 pts by the time I heard the announcements. Would Bloomberg enable a user to be one of the first ones in?
    Also, does Bloomberg have an audio feature like TTN or is everything just text?
    Lastly, how much does it cost?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I checked out their website and could not find any answers for these.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me.

2. minmike

minmike

around 1500 monthly. probably wouldn't have gotten you out in time. does hav some audio features.

3. dhpar

dhpar

answer to all questions is resounding YES.
    price is $1700/mo.

4. just21

just21

5. ajwb

ajwb

Yes to all your questions. Note that their terminal is on a seperate dedicated line and EXTREMELY stable. Over several years I had only 1 down moment - lasted for a few seconds....

My fee was USD 25k per year excluding exchange fees (Pro rates). Wou probably won't find too much info on their website. It's best to contact a representative. They'll drop by and show/explain just about anything. Their after sales and help desk is second to none.

If you can spare the cash, it's 100% worth it

6. tito

tito

Thanks guys for all your replies. Much appreciated.
    I will try to get in touch with a rep for more details. :)