Questions about AMP - platform, data and trading

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by traderwald, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

What is the best choice for data and platform with AMP - the following are the features required:

1. Index Futures data with Market depth/ Level 2 (Live streaming)

2. Forex Futures data with Market depth/ Level 2 (Live Streaming)

3. Platform allows for automated trading (strategy based on actual price value and trend based on candle sticks, no indicators used)

4. Bracket orders available.

5. Should be able to move to multiple monitors (chart on one monitor and watch list and trade info on another)

Also, does AMP have options on futures ?

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. A lot of traders use CQG and Sierra.

Keep in mind Multicharts and Sierra are "web versions/special editions" so no "Easy Language" capabilities for custom stuff.

TT is great for scalping.

ES

CSEtrader likes this.
  3. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

I am using Sierra with Rithmic.

4. Thank you for the reply guys. But the below says automated trading is for free. Is that a full version ?

upload_2018-8-18_21-55-43.png

5. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

yes, automation is included.
    AMP's Free Version of MulitCharts is the full .NET version > the only removed feature is the EasyLanguage programming Editor/builder.
    If you are going to build your automated trading strategy using EasyLanguage > you will need to use the paid MultiCharts version.

If you already, have an EasyLanguage Strategy built, you can import it into AMP's Free Version.

AMP's Real-time Free Demo has all the available features: https://www.ampfutures.com/platforms/ampmc-net-free/

6. Thank you.

I am using the demo version of the Multicharts free with CQG data and somehow the chart is not getting updated. It is static and many ticks behind the DOM. why is it not being updated

7. This is confusing,

I want to purchase the Fibozachi indicators but they are built with Easy Language.

If you already, have an EasyLanguage Strategy built, you can import it into AMP's Free Version.

Can I install them on a paid version then move them over to your version?

ES

8. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

9. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

yes, you already have it built, you can import it using the Power Language .NET editor import function.

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Importing_and_Exporting_Studies

Fibozachi indicators > looking at their website, looks like they are already in MultiCharts.

10. Amp,

This is the answer I got from Fibozachi...

The .NET version cannot import PLA or SEF files, which are what we provide to our MultiCharts customers since that is the format used by the regular version of the platform.

ES

#10     Aug 20, 2018